Potentially the longest thread in history...

Dr Pepper is great but never seen this Dr Pibb here.
Mr Pibb used to be around here but I have not seen any in years, It's about the same as Dr. Pepper
Mr Pibb
That's because it's not Dr Pepper lol. A good try, and I drink it sometimes but definitely not Dr Pepper.
Don't have Dr. Pepe here as well. Guess it's enough to have two (international) cola soft drinks to choose from. We actually have a local cola soft drink called Bcola (pronounced as Be Cola, which should be written BCola instead). I remember we used to have something called Alsi Cola, which I believe was local too unless you guys have it over there which would prove me wrong.

We do have some non carbonated parallels to those too; cola and orange like Pepsi and Mirinda, called Sun Cola and Sun Top. Not sure if these are local products too. People say soft drinks become useless without carbonation (if that's a word) yet we have non carbonated versions for them and people actually like them. Speak of contradiction.

Anyway, my favorites are Mirinda Citrus, Mountain Due, then Pepsi. In that order. And I don't drink them much for health reasons. But when I do, I do with heart. One 500 ml bottle for me, please. And don't put that 1 L (a quart) bottle somewhere I can see it or else.
Just sounds like local off brands. We have a ton of those, and almost every major grocery chain here has some off brand version of the real deal. Dr Shasta, Big K Cola, Dr Thunder, Mt Lightening, it's kinda funny. I think my favorite off brand name was Dr Bold, it tastes like crap but the name always makes me chuckle.

looks like cola flavor grows on trees, then! I always wondered what cola (small "c") is and where it comes from. For some reason I don't wanna find out.

First thing I do in a steak house with free refillable soft drinks is tell them to bring it now and without ice since it would be cold already. Empty glass never stays a moment on my table. It's a habit I must stop. I mean allowing it to stay empty for a moment. They should bring another full glass before I finish mine ;)

That's because it's not Dr Pepper lol. A good try, and I drink it sometimes but definitely not Dr Pepper.
I stated it was a lot like Dr Pepper. Of course it is not the same, Coke had a deal with Dr. Pepper to have Coke bottle and sell Dr. Pepper because Coke's Mr. Pibbs could not compete with Dr. Pepper

That Link in post #58,639 I provided has some info I never knew about
Coke realized an opportunity to form a strategic partnership with the Dr Pepper Company which exchanged use of superior Coca-Cola bottling facilities for a share in Dr Pepper sales profits.

I stated it was a lot like Dr Pepper. Of course it is not the same, Coke had a deal with Dr. Pepper to have Coke bottle and sell Dr. Pepper because Coke's Mr. Pibbs could not compete with Dr. Pepper
Dr. Pepper, as well as 7-Up, is now owned by Cadbury/Shweppes. C/S also owns Royal Crown Cola, or RC. So, depending on your geographical location, you may find Dr. Pepper being bottled by Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or RC. When C/S bought 7-Up it forced Pepsi to come out with their Sierra Mist.

Dr. Pepper, as well as 7-Up, is now owned by Cadbury/Shweppes. C/S also owns Royal Crown Cola, or RC. So, depending on your geographical location, you may find Dr. Pepper being bottled by Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or RC. When C/S bought 7-Up it forced Pepsi to come out with their Sierra Mist.
My kids enjoyed Sierra Mist and my hubby preferred Dr Pepper. I'm not a big soda drinker. I prefer iced tea or pink lemonaide.

My husband enjoys Mr Pibb soda. He likes to go down to the boat marina and ask the owner of the soda machine to order Mr Pibb for him. The owner kind of established a friendship with my husband and the two are buddies. My husband is a good man and is hard working.:heart:

A side point but when Mondelez/Kraft bought Cadbury, it caused quite a lot of uproar in the UK. People were really not happy about them being taken over by an American company. I'm not sure what happened in terms of how they are to work for (they used to be famously good to work for). But I gotta admit they have been far more adventurous as a company since they were taken over. Cadbury used to very rarely bring out new products or flavours, but now they have a crap load of different chocolate bars and some of them are great. People say the chocolate quality got worse, but if it has I didn't notice.

Back
Top Bottom