Potentially the longest thread in history...

Fired up my 3D printer for the first time in about three years. I had dissassembled it partly about a year ago to try steal a part from it for another project, but didn't need it in the end. So I reassemebled it without following a guide. Go to do the autohome when I first turn it on.. turns out I f'd up the Z axis and the printer head smashes into the bed and punches a hole straight in my heated print bed and the motors make a horrible sound. Somehow nothing was damaged, I swapped out the damaged print mat with a glass bed I bought ages ago, and all is good.

I spent like 2 hours doing this because i've lost a 10 center plastic lid for these small 150ml glass yoghurt jars I bought, and I want to print a replacement.

Today.... I got $19.00 on an optical disk drive settlement! I guess I can almost get 5 gallons of gas/petrol (close but not quite)
optical drive.jpg

Last edited:
Oh geez... it was years ago, 2009 when I got a notice about this class action suit, but I found a link that explains it.
A group of electronics companies have agreed to pay a total of $180 million to settle a class action lawsuit that accused them of engaging in a conspiracy to fix the prices of optical disk drives. These settlements affect indirect purchasers of optical disk drives. Several named defendants remain in this class action lawsuit including: BenQ Corporation, BenQ America Corp., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Toshiba Corp., Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corp., Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corp. Korea, and Quanta Storage Inc.

Yea... actually I forgot all about this. I would have mentioned it back then but I don't think I was posting here at that time. The cut off date was :
Class Members must file a Claim Form no later than Oct. 30, 2017 as well as provide the total number of products containing an ODD purchased between Apr. 1, 2003 through Dec. 31, 2008.

After reading that you guys got your settlements from the optical disk Drive Settlement, I went looking for mine, Sure enough, found it in my junk mail folder, a whopping $15.23! Damn, I'm rich!

Back
Top Bottom