Potentially the longest thread in history...

Got another one for ya, Dan. I decided to do some pulled pork yesterday to test out a part I replaced on my smoker. I didn't think to snap a pic until I was pulling it but I did get a nice pic of the smoke ring. I used a sweet rub on it and smoked it using peach wood chunks. When I wrapped it I put it into a foil pan and added pineapple juice, more rub, and some butter. It turned out great.

Attachments

• 20220115_183118[1].jpg
    20220115_183118[1].jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2
Bought a new laptop. Thinking about replacing my desktop with it and giving the desktop to my brother. Now I need to find a good USB-C dock with dual Display Port.

Lenovo P1 G4, fully loaded. I hear it's not the best thermally, but eh. I'm not too concerned.
It was painful even getting a hold of this laptop, the supply chain nonsense is ridiculous.
I'll be traveling a lot more so a good laptop is a must. My old X1 Carbon was starting to show its age.

Added some 1" 40W tweeters to my car and a 3 way crossover. When I ripped the stock system out I left out the tweeters in the doors so finally replaced them, and the crossover was much needed since the headunit itself isn't that great with audio options.

Added some 1" 40W tweeters to my car and a 3 way crossover. When I ripped the stock system out I left out the tweeters in the doors so finally replaced them, and the crossover was much needed since the headunit itself isn't that great with audio options.
Well I was able to reduce two 25ft cable runs by just running one cable to the crossover and outputting from there with 3ft cables. I also woke the system the fuck up as the past few weeks I was wanting a bigger amp and a second sub. Not anymore, properly tuned it's very punchy now without the rattle the car drone so I can save money and trunk space there. Also realized one of my rears had the cable fall off so I was down a speaker, hot glued those fuckers. Oddly enough for some reason my rears which are better speakers have way less low mid than my much cheaper fronts. Checked polarity and it all checks out so that's weird. Not too big of a problem since I need basically all mids and highs from the 4 speakers, while the tweeters blast me in the face with 8-16k. Sat there a while balancing it out as flat as I could by my ear and an the subwoofer control up front so I can turn that shit down in the morning. Was able to flatten out the head unit EQ quite a bit which makes me happy and the visualizer is rather flat now so way less distortion (even though it's practically unnoticeable on the highway because my car itself is loud). Audio is a pain but I do love it.

Back
Top Bottom