Potentially the longest thread in history...

@Trotter

@PP Mguire

Was doing some reading on NCR SCO self check out service. We have had this in GB for a while now at least 7 years that I can remember of going back. Why do you say F*** NCR PP, its a pretty convenient tech but does have its limitations. I have no idea what perspective you are coming at with this but from my own experience they can be a good thing or a bad thing. I personally know of people who have used self check outs and robbed the place blind of fresh meats, cheeses and anything and everything else.

PP are you talking about the maintenance side of things from an employee or a consumer. I was trying to find in google but only ended up doing a quick search .

tbh Trotter, I honestly thing you have a pretty cool job, being able to travel and work with the tech . Seems interesting anyhow, but then again I'm not 100% clued up like you and PP. :) ..

@Trotter

@PP Mguire

Was doing some reading on NCR SCO self check out service. We have had this in GB for a while now at least 7 years that I can remember of going back. Why do you say F*** NCR PP, its a pretty convenient tech but does have its limitations. I have no idea what perspective you are coming at with this but from my own experience they can be a good thing or a bad thing. I personally know of people who have used self check outs and robbed the place blind of fresh meats, cheeses and anything and everything else.

PP are you talking about the maintenance side of things from an employee or a consumer. I was trying to find in google but only ended up doing a quick search .

tbh Trotter, I honestly thing you have a pretty cool job, being able to travel and work with the tech . Seems interesting anyhow, but then again I'm not 100% clued up like you and PP. :) ..
The company and their tech, absolute garbage. I used to be friends with somebody who worked for NCR so I got to see a lot of the inside. At the time they were screwing themselves on a multi-billion dollar deal with Sonic. I would walk by engineer desks looking at things thinking to myself wtf, how does this get passed through?

Can you give me an example of what it is they would pass threw. I'm trying to figure out PP, whats wrong with the tech, I only have experience as a consumer in and around the supermarkets. I know its a stupid question to an extent but what is it I'm missing, what is it that's garbage. I'm confused ..

Can you give me an example of what it is they would pass threw. I'm trying to figure out PP, whats wrong with the tech, I only have experience as a consumer in and around the supermarkets. I know its a stupid question to an extent but what is it I'm missing, what is it that's garbage. I'm confused ..
This was a decade ago so I would have no chance of remembering the specifics. Try to remember you're looking at over 10 years of them refining stuff so what you see today is going to be drastically different. That doesn't mean it's much better because if to a regular consumer it "just works" it seems fine. Seeing how it works, how it's engineered, or the programming shortcomings from the other side is completely different. I'd be willing to bet after they lost the big Sonic deal they went back to the drawing board. I know in 2013 they fired a ton of people from the location in DFW. Trotter supports them now so he has a better understanding, I just know of how they were from before and judging by his response I'd say nothing has changed.

I put a brisket on the smoker last night before going to bed, just wrapped it at 165F. We're gonna be eating good today, Martha.

Hey everyone, nice to see so many people from back in the day are still around!
Great to see that you are still around and kicking.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to post any brisket pics. The first pic is the whole thing just after I had let it rest wrapped in towels for about four hours. The second pic is the obligatory slice; I'm very happy with the smoke ring on it. The third is what I had for lunch on the 30th. Yes, I STILL have some of it left in the freezer.

Attachments

• 20211225_163400[1].jpg
    20211225_163400[1].jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211225_163824[1].jpg
    20211225_163824[1].jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211230_143007[1].jpg
    20211230_143007[1].jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 0
For NYE we went to a friends house and they were smoking meats, brisket was one of them. My wife isn't very big on typical BBQ food but I couldn't help but notice she ate her whole plate lol. I've always told her stop thinking you don't like it based off crap BBQ.

@PP Mguire

I watch a lot of youtube and brisket is something I really want to try, I've never had the chance tho to try a full smoked brisket on something like a smoker but I can imagine it must be something else .

NYE I was in bed dyeing off the drink from the 30th, went on a total bender and the good ol' Vodka. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom