Potentially the longest thread in history...

Oh. Hey there. It's me.

Been super busy - I changed jobs a couple months ago, and we moved out to Oregon away from South Dakota last month. So been super busy getting things situated.

Well I got my z Fold3 and my first impressions having not used Android in a good few years is that it's a much nicer experience. I'm liking it quite a lot. BUT I am having an issue with Google Assistant, it worked for the first 3 hours and then just randomly stopped. Now every time I try and open it I just get an error message. Tried restarting my phone, clearing the Google app cache and so on. Nothing works. Annoying as I use voice assistants a lot, and I was glad to finally have Google instead of shitty Siri. Not sure how to get it working.

Got my iPhone preorder in anyway. At this stage im planning on returning it as soon as it's delivered, as I like the Samsung a lot. So long as I can get Assistant working again, and I dont find any other oddities.

Last edited:
Well I got my z Fold3 and my first impressions having not used Android in a good few years is that it's a much nicer experience. I'm liking it quite a lot. BUT I am having an issue with Google Assistant, it worked for the first 3 hours and then just randomly stopped. Now every time I try and open it I just get an error message. Tried restarting my phone, clearing the Google app cache and so on. Nothing works. Annoying as I use voice assistants a lot, and I was glad to finally have Google instead of shitty Siri. Not sure how to get it working.

Got my iPhone preorder in anyway. At this stage im planning on returning it as soon as it's delivered, as I like the Samsung a lot. So long as I can get Assistant working again, and I dont find any other oddities.
Funny how you get an Android phone after years of not having one and something isn't working correctly right off the bat. That was my experience also and why I just ditched the thought for good.

Funny how you get an Android phone after years of not having one and something isn't working correctly right off the bat. That was my experience also and why I just ditched the thought for good.
Haha yeah it did occur to me... Im hoping its a bit off a one off bad luck.

I did just now manage to fix it by using the beta Google app. Hm.

edit:

On another note, HSBC wtf. Setting up my banking app, the password limit is 9 characters and no special characters are allowed. Wut ?

Last edited:
Day 5 of Samsung Z Fold3:

+ Still loving the big screen
+ Fast and responsive (scrolling still less smooth than iOS, though)
+ 120hz
+ Cameras are atleast as good as my 11 Pro, other than night mode, which is kind of sucky
+ I do like the ability to change stuff up more than you can on iOS
+ Big split screen view is genuinely useful as I can keep up to date on Twitter while chatting on Discord

- Battery life is... not good. To be expected I guess with a large 120hz screen.
- Cameras are not class leading, and they kinda should be for a newly releasing £1600 phone. But hey, atleast they're still good overall.
- Some small bugs. I had two notification ping sounds this morning, but upon unlocking my phone, no new notifications

I can deal with the small bugs, but the battery life is a bit more of a concern. I ended the day yesterday on 30%, and I spent the entire day at home. Doesn't give me confidence for when I go on vacation or day trips where I won't be sat at my PC all day, and therefor be using my phone a lot more. Hmm. Maybe for those rare days where i'm not near my PC i'll just have to carry a powerbank with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom