Potentially the longest thread in history...

How are you getting Medicaid test strips? There is a difference between Medicaid and Medicare. Medicaid is for folks on welfare (poor folks on govt insurance) and Medicare is for elderly folks that are retired. Mrs C's mom is on Medicare and her test strips are not labled that way..... I'll have to check out her test strips to see where they are from when I go over there tomorrow.
Edit: your test strips have to be compatible with the device you use to check your blood sugar with
More than likely it's a generic thing for reduced medicare/medicaid cost recipients to use.

More than likely it's a generic thing for reduced medicare/medicaid cost recipients to use.

Regardless.... You can not use a "generic" test strip on just any blood sugar test device. They are all proprietary to the test strips

For sure, but the point was from him that he got a US based medicare/medicaid bottle of whatever which is ironic to the prior topic.

They're just Contour Next One blood test strips I bought off Amazon. They were a bit cheaper than the other sellers, which seems like because they were acquired illegally lol. Still £20 for 50 strips though. NHS will prescribe them for £9 a month, but only generic brand ones. I tried the generic blood test meters and they are just not as reliable as the Contour branded one so i'd rather pay extra and get a more reliable reading.

I can't remember if I already posted it here but I got my 2nd blood test results back too last week. I got my Hba1c down from 77mmol to 40mmol, and liver alanine aminotransferase from 150 to 40. So good news on that front. And if I did already post that info, well maybe I need to see the doc about brain function issues too...

Last edited:
As many of you are aware, California is having one of the worst fire seasons on record this year. There are 2 major fires burning fairly close to where we live, the Dixie fire and the Caldor fire. While neither is an imminent threat to our home or even the community we live in, the smoke from those 2 fires is very thick here and is detectable even when we are indoors with everything shut tight.

An air ionizer or an electronic air filter will help with that smoke in the house

Edit: California has limits on ozone machines so you may or may not be able to get something like that where you live

Last edited:
If I was rich i'd have kerb stomped my iPhone right about now. It's not working properly because the storage is full because Apple Music is downloading lossless versions of all my music, but when I try and delete any of the music, it's freezing my phone. If the Z Fold3 was actually in stock i'd have ordered one by now..

Back
Top Bottom