Potentially the longest thread in history...

I won't shit on health clinics and hospitals etc making these kind of mistakes at the moment considering the monumental pressure they have been and still are under.

In good news I got my continuous glucose monitor today. I don't really need it but I felt like it was a good idea to buy one for a month just to see how my blood sugar levels react to different foods, exercise and stuff. I got the Dexcom G6, was £159 for a months supply. Pretty cool. No way NHS will pay for it unless I really need it, but just figured it's useful while I sort my diet out. It's pretty cool tracking how it changes. Honestly if I was super rich i'd probably have one on me even if I wasn't diabetic.

Honestly i'm kinda getting a bit addicted to having all my health stats plumbed into my phone 24/7. The Apple Health app gives me so much data I get quite excited to check it all the time :ROFLMAO:. People are totally gonna get addicted to this shit when in 10 years you watch is analysing like 10 different vital signs 24/7 and your AR glasses are reading other medical data from your eyes and your airpods are getting data from your ears and so on.

Well doctor called today and tl;dr he doesn't really believe I am diabetic. He said my numbers were what he would expect if someone weighed twice what I do. So he wants me to come in tomorrow so he can do some more tests, ultrasound scans and shit. I don't think he would be that surprised i'm diabetic if he saw the amount of sugary food I ate for the past 10 years.

Sooo had my doctors apointment. He was confused. Said that it's very unusual to get Type 2 at my age and weight. Said I either should be much more overweight or much older. So he described it as a "very unusual presentation", though not impossible. So he suspects I am genetically *very* predisposed to get T2 diabetes, and that even moderate weightgain is enough to cause it. But he said that should mean my parents or siblings would most likely be T2 as well, but none of them are. So he was just generally a bit perplexed, and because of that he's put me down for more blood tests and an ultrasound checking for rarer less likely things before he's happy to fully confirm it is actually T2.

TIL Intel Pentiums and Celerons don't even support basic AVX until this recent refresh of Tiger Lake. Holy balls Batman. Every Core I chip since Sandy has supported AVX and AVX2. What a damn ripoff.

Sooo had my doctors apointment. He was confused. Said that it's very unusual to get Type 2 at my age and weight. Said I either should be much more overweight or much older. So he described it as a "very unusual presentation", though not impossible. So he suspects I am genetically *very* predisposed to get T2 diabetes, and that even moderate weight gain is enough to cause it. But he said that should mean my parents or siblings would most likely be T2 as well, but none of them are. So he was just generally a bit perplexed, and because of that he's put me down for more blood tests and an ultrasound checking for rarer less likely things before he's happy to fully confirm it is actually T2.
Genetics can do weird stuff.... sometime they can skip a generation or two, check your family tree for your grand parents or even great grand parents of signs of T2 before they were known. My grandma on my mom's side was T2. Three of five of my siblings are T2 but myself nor is my lil sis is T2.

Back
Top Bottom