Potentially the longest thread in history...

Well now, We are in a Weather advisory for this afternoon till tomorrow evening! 26 degrees right now! Thats really cold for here. Was 17 last night. Who forgot to throw a few more logs on the fire???

not sure from where your at, but our day time high is supposed to be 18f. Was at 4f this morning but we do get a little warmer temp than the rest of the mid-west because the lakes warm up the air a little.....which also makes up for lake effect snow. The lakes ( lake michigan) will freeze over soon though

I received an email from my ISP (Spectrum) Friday. But it turned out to be good news. Our internet speed has been doubled for no additional charge, from 100 to 200. They went up $5 about six months ago so I look at it as them finally justifying it. Anyway, the email said that my current hardware (modem) was not up to snuff for the new speed. I ran a Speedtest and got 125. I jumped on Amazon and ordered a Motorola MB7420 which is supposed to be good up to 686. It came in Sunday and I worked with Spectrum to get it set up.

Speedtest now gives me 213.4 down, 11.47 up/ Yeah, I can live with that.

I received an email from my ISP (Spectrum) Friday. But it turned out to be good news. Our internet speed has been doubled for no additional charge, from 100 to 200. They went up $5 about six months ago so I look at it as them finally justifying it. Anyway, the email said that my current hardware (modem) was not up to snuff for the new speed. I ran a Speedtest and got 125. I jumped on Amazon and ordered a Motorola MB7420 which is supposed to be good up to 686. It came in Sunday and I worked with Spectrum to get it set up.

Speedtest now gives me 213.4 down, 11.47 up/ Yeah, I can live with that.
TWC did this to me way back in I think 2014. I got bumped from 50 to 100 for free then in the next 2 years ISPs started to go nuts in this area because of that nice little Title 2. Now half of the greater DFW area has gigabit or it's being installed. I've been telling my customers here to get the Surfboard SB6190 because of it. Only cable competition here in my specific area is a local company and they just bumped their speed to 500Mb with plans for 1000 by Q4 of this year because Frontier has offered 1000 for 2 years and AT&T is rolling in with Gigapower.

TWC did this to me way back in I think 2014. I got bumped from 50 to 100 for free then in the next 2 years ISPs started to go nuts in this area because of that nice little Title 2. Now half of the greater DFW area has gigabit or it's being installed. I've been telling my customers here to get the Surfboard SB6190 because of it. Only cable competition here in my specific area is a local company and they just bumped their speed to 500Mb with plans for 1000 by Q4 of this year because Frontier has offered 1000 for 2 years and AT&T is rolling in with Gigapower.
I am sort of out in the sticks and live outside of a moderate sized town so no danger of me being offered a gig anywhere in the near future.

I am sort of out in the sticks and live outside of a moderate sized town so no danger of me being offered a gig anywhere in the near future.
I wouldn't be so sure father Trot, my old home town of Venus (30 minutes away from any city or moderate town) is getting fiber backed by an AT&T core. It's making me want to move back home honestly. What makes this is a BIG deal is the fact that the entire county is ran entirely by a monopoly, and why over sub'd, overpriced, and under delivering WISPs have flourished there. They're almost done too, the dirt road to my old property has a box heading it.

Back
Top Bottom