Potentially the longest thread in history...

Going from server to network core is 20Gb fiber. The rest is ethernet. I'm not too worried about any degradation, I mean I'm already at a loss if what I'm listening to is MP3. I'm not that much of an audio snob, especially with music. Lately the only times I play music are when I'm busy doing something so it's background noise, cooking food so it's on the Echo, background noise when company is over, Christmas time, and when I want to listen to a new album from a band I like.

Edit: Forgot to put in the car. Which is just MP3s on an SD card.
I hope it was obvious I was trolling :ROFLMAO:

Though that reminds me - i've done multiple of those online tests that compare 320Kbps MP3 or 256 ACC against WAV or FLAC, and I can hardly ever tell the difference, even on really good headphones.

I hope it was obvious I was trolling :ROFLMAO:

Though that reminds me - i've done multiple of those online tests that compare 320Kbps MP3 or 256 ACC against WAV or FLAC, and I can hardly ever tell the difference, even on really good headphones.
Oh, no, wasn't obvious. Havn't been thinking straight the past few days. Tbf to myself, I do actually want to run fiber to my room.

Gyes, can anyone give me any general information about iptables. I've been doing some reading and looking at nftables this seems to of superseded iptables. Can I ask how big of a topic is this, iptables and nftables?

When I've been reading up, their are five main topics of interest of iptables. filter, nat, mangle, raw and security. From what I can tell, each of those topics have built in chains. For example; filter; input output and forward what is then followed by the various commands and made up by the various parameters .

Does anyone have any experience with iptables of nftables?

From what I can tell nftables has been around for a while, now what I'm confused about is the Linux mint distro I'm using what is 19.3 and is the most up to date stable version their is, nftables is not natively installed were as iptables is. I've been doing quite a bit research on as its all to do with security and networking what is my main topic of interest. I know iptables operates on the Kernel level. I've in boxed Yami just out of curiosity as I'm interested to know more.

Thanks.

nftables is the successor to the iptables and is such a Linux thing where the line is grey for me. @Yami would probably know way more on the subject than I about nftables.
Good to know that tagging works :D

Yeah I messaged Spud back via inbox.

Guys, how many people on here have a Web Cam with their set-up . Is it just me who refuses to entertain the idea of one for privacy and security concerns. I'm not gonna lie I've been doing some reading and I recently read, "Its like the wild west out their for hackers." Is it just me whos paranoid about the subject.

Just put finger nail polish over the camera lens. You can also turn off the microphone on tablets and laptops. Towers are even easier. Unplug the mike if you have one and put a bandaid or piece of tape over the camera. My nephew just got a new monitor with a camera on it. When i bought mine i made sure it didn't have a camera in it. He has had a different issue. He can't get his to work! Sucks to be him!

Guys, how many people on here have a Web Cam with their set-up . Is it just me who refuses to entertain the idea of one for privacy and security concerns. I'm not gonna lie I've been doing some reading and I recently read, "Its like the wild west out their for hackers." Is it just me whos paranoid about the subject.
I'm not at all.

Back
Top Bottom