Potentially the longest thread in history...

Well I still welcome good grafix. I just don't want it to take over game play.

I believe textures combined with the right lighting makes the best visuals. I don't mean the natural accuracy of lights; i.e. ray traced vs rasterized, I mean how the texture looks with and without any kind of lights, if that makes sense. Lights are part of what makes textures look real for me.

Anyway, I want more hand drawn Metroidvania and Streets of Rage-like games. I want game play more. That's not tantrum, BTW. I'm just thinking loud.

I am enjoying it a lot too, but I find for an open world game there is some stuff missing. I've came to the conclusion driving AI doesn't really exist. Vehicles follow a very set path and if anything is in their way they will not drive around the thing blocking them. There are no police cars chasing you or anything either. Cops seem to just disappear and spawn instantly behind you, repeatedly, until you run off and hide. Compared to how those things in GTA works I find it a lot worse. I understand they weren't trying to make a GTA style game, it's an RPG after all. But I would have enjoyed a proper police system at least. I would have liked more vehicles too, and more variety to them. But I kind of expect them to support this game for many years to comes, so I wouldn't be surprised to see those things appear down the line. I hope they make it easily moveable at one point. It could really be a 10/10 game for me if they changed a few things in the coming year or so.

I honestly don't even notice the police. Like I know they are there, but it's not any impact to my playing due to the nature of the city. I also don't really drive anywhere. I think the cars not budging is kind of funny because if you don't pay any attention you'll get run the fuck over :ROFLMAO:

It definitely has room to improve, but things I want to see most will probably come from mods.

I honestly don't even notice the police. Like I know they are there, but it's not any impact to my playing due to the nature of the city. I also don't really drive anywhere. I think the cars not budging is kind of funny because if you don't pay any attention you'll get run the fuck over :ROFLMAO:

It definitely has room to improve, but things I want to see most will probably come from mods.

Yeah I have high hopes for mods. I meant to write mods in my post above but somehow I wrote moveable instead of moddable :\. With any luck the game engine in terms of how it packages the game won't be too disimilar to Witcher 3, and those tools can be easily updated to unpack and edit 2077 archive files. But official mod support and an editor would be sweet.

Yeah I have high hopes for mods. I meant to write mods in my post above but somehow I wrote moveable instead of moddable :\. With any luck the game engine in terms of how it packages the game won't be too disimilar to Witcher 3, and those tools can be easily updated to unpack and edit 2077 archive files. But official mod support and an editor would be sweet.
Idk if that'll happen, they don't seem to lean on modders the way Bethesda does.

2 years later and it's finally being said. This is going to unveil a lot more dirt in the upcoming future. Raytracing is a fantastic looking new direction in graphical fidelity, but it plain does not fucking matter right now. The fact that they want to attack a reputable source that shares this subjective opinion in giving users purely rasterized performance numbers shows it all. They want to sell you RTX in the name of higher profits, only. I said this two years ago.
This is also nothing more than what the AIBs have been doing, the same shit I was talking about with MSI.

NVIDIA... You've officially gone TOO far this time... - YouTube

I'm honestly torn between getting the game for the base xbone or on steam lol. I'm still rocking a gtx 1050 so I doubt id be even able to hit a stable 30 fps at 720p on minimum lol. I do have GeForce Now but that s*** artifacts like crazyy

2 years later and it's finally being said. This is going to unveil a lot more dirt in the upcoming future. Raytracing is a fantastic looking new direction in graphical fidelity, but it plain does not fucking matter right now. The fact that they want to attack a reputable source that shares this subjective opinion in giving users purely rasterized performance numbers shows it all. They want to sell you RTX in the name of higher profits, only. I said this two years ago.
This is also nothing more than what the AIBs have been doing, the same shit I was talking about with MSI.

NVIDIA... You've officially gone TOO far this time... - YouTube
I think they apologized to that reviewer and have removed that stance and will continue to provide him with gpu review samples.

I like RTX a lot but it is still a massive FPS hit which is a bit painful. Feels like we're still a couple generations away from being able to turn on RTX not get an insane FPS hit. Then again there might always be an insane FPS hit. The more RTX performance they add to these cards the more devs will just ramp up the amount of rays they are firing. Also as good as it is sometimes it looks a bit weird to have parts of the game look really high fidelity and then other parts using rasterization and bad rasterization at that, looking janky.. right next to your pristine RTX refelections. Kind of like what you said about RTX Minecraft.

I think they apologized to that reviewer and have removed that stance and will continue to provide him with gpu review samples.

I like RTX a lot but it is still a massive FPS hit which is a bit painful. Feels like we're still a couple generations away from being able to turn on RTX not get an insane FPS hit. Then again there might always be an insane FPS hit. The more RTX performance they add to these cards the more devs will just ramp up the amount of rays they are firing. Also as good as it is sometimes it looks a bit weird to have parts of the game look really high fidelity and then other parts using rasterization and bad rasterization at that, looking janky.. right next to your pristine RTX refelections. Kind of like what you said about RTX Minecraft.
I haven't seen anything on it, but tbh haven't paid attention to anything because of Cyberpunk. Even if they did, it doesn't really matter. Their true colors were shown through their email to this fellow and it paints the picture I was saying 2 years ago. They were trying to say "it's a thing" when in all actuality they are doing nothing more than to force it to be a thing so they could get a shit ton more cash off their cards through mere marketing. It's been 2 years and there are 21 games that support it. Only 7 of those make any real difference, but nowhere near enough to justify the performance cost. It also shows very clearly that they want influencers to do nothing but push their agenda, no matter how hard they back pedal on this. Jay's point will indefinitely stand on games only having RTX right now because Nvidia paid them to add it.

Even then, it's still not really enough to justify the performance hit. Honestly, the photorealistic streamed assets UE5 showcased with the PS5 IMO is going to be a much bigger game changer than raytracing currently. People will concentrate on this way more because it's a much noticeable difference without such a performance penalty and I can bet money now devs will jump on this immediately without a paid shove.

Back
Top Bottom