Potentially the longest thread in history...

Cyberpunk has launched in a very sad state for a lot of people, but I'm glad I have been vindicated after people on reddit and discord telling me I was wrong for the past year. It was so obvious. They basically never showed base console footage, the lowest they showed was Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Every gameplay trailer this past year it was painfully obvious the game was in a shit state, there were graphical glitches in every scene. Feet that don't touch the ground, shadows misplaced, animations broken. You could see these things in every trailer if you looked for it. But everyone just either didn't see it, ignored it, or said "It will be fixed with the day 1 patch". Well no. Those trailers are the best cherry picked smoothest and most polished footage they can find. If you can see bugs and glitches in every scene of a gameplay trailer then you can bet your ass the actual game is going to be *very* janky. And it is, at least for people on consoles and low to mid end PCs. The bugs are nearly all visual glitches that for whatever reason seem to reduce in amount the more powerful your hardware is. I think a lot of it is asset and texture streaming issues from what I can tell (but sure there are quite a lot of non graphical bugs too).

It's disappointing the game has released like this. But it looks amazing and has a tolerable amount of bugs for people on 2070's and up from what I can tell. But my god it was so painfully obvious it was going to launch in this shit state.

Anyone that has the patience, I recommend to come back to this game in 3 to 6 months.

I launched it this morning (pre-ordered on GOG) and while I'll probably play, I was slightly unimpressed at the default graphics options the game gave me left me at around 10fps at best (it gave me Ultra RTX at 4K@60 on a 2070 Super xD). I can play tolerably on medium-high, with some things I prefer a little higher and others I don't care about turned off.

If you're undecided about getting it, I'd definitely wait another 3+ months like kman said.

My boyfriend is playing it at 1440p@144 pretty happily on his GTX 1060 + i5-8xxx on medium-high also, for reference.

Game defaulted to max with RT on and DLSS on quality for me. I left it there despite all the doom and gloom and was thoroughly surprised it runs great. So far I have only ran into two graphical anomaly's in about two and a half hours of gameplay. Some pretty botched physics in the first actual mission you do and your partner glitching around in the same scene. My biggest complaint is that for how heavy the game hits it does not look that great, about like Control. Some assets look great, but generally overall texture quality kind of reminds me of The Witcher still. Sort of. You can tell where they took obvious performance shortcuts too, especially in the name of RT like the mirrors have to be activated. I took the Corpo path and when you leave the building you can see the city from above. Looks like ass.

Highly anticipated overhyped brand new game, the whole internet is really. It'll be worse when TES 6 drops.

Edit: On that note after fiddling with it for a while here's my advice for performance. Disable RT, disable DLSS, disable screen space reflections. Enjoy your 30-50fps extra with little downgrade.

I didn't get the game and I don't think I will unless I try it somehow first. Somehow I got the impression that new games keeps getting worse and less fun with time.

Games I want more are games like Blasphemous. Extreme good grafix and extreme complicated details by all means do not define a good game.

I didn't get the game and I don't think I will unless I try it somehow first. Somehow I got the impression that new games keeps getting worse and less fun with time.

Games I want more are games like Blasphemous. Extreme good grafix and extreme complicated details by all means do not define a good game.
It's a CDPR game, it's made gameplay first and foremost. This game by all means is not the best looking thing out there.

It's a CDPR game, it's made gameplay first and foremost. This game by all means is not the best looking thing out there.
Interesting, the Digital Foundry initial take was it's the best looking PC game they've seen. I probably agree overall. At it's best it looks stunning and at it's worst it still looks decent.

Consistency wise RDR2 looks better more of the time. Like a solid 9/10 consistently. Whereas for me 2077 is 10/10 one moment and 7/10 the next. Though we probably have different preferences, i'm a lighting guy so ray tracing and good overall lighting is high up my list. I like high res textures too but secondary to quality lighting.

I'm a textures first lighting second person. No point softboxing a turd I say (looks at Minecraft RTX). At the end of the day I judge fidelity by the whole package and my formal opinion is "it doesn't look as good as the FPS value says it should" if that makes sense.

Does this look good, yes damn good, but I've also seen a 9 year old game with a dated "modded" engine from 2001 look damn near as good.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.10 - 16.53.29.45.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.10 - 16.53.29.45.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom