Potentially the longest thread in history...

I talked to my daughter last night and she said she may get discharged from the hospital in the next day or two. If so, I'll be off on an 18 hour round trip drive to go pick her up and bring her home.
It's good to take these matters slowly and carefully. Just to be (more) safe.

Great to hear your daughter can come home.
Be careful in the holiday traffic and may God Bless you and all your family.
We are not sick at this time....just waiting for the second test results. Either way, because we were exposed we still have to self quarantine for the next couple of weeks.
PP, you ought to get a Cov test

Do you have Thanksgiving in October like us or not at all down there?
You Canucks are backwards anyway. :p

Nah, I have several Canadian buds online and we rib each other about the different dates. Ours is set in November according to tradition and because that's roughly when the first Thanksgiving happened here.

None at all. So no Thanksgiving discounts (if that's a thing) ;)
A lot of the world now does Black Friday sales.

Yeah, notably in cross-cultural services like Amazon. We now have Amazon.sa for local shipment. For some reason here they call it White Friday. Probably because Friday is kinda sacred for us. But still Amazon.com has Black Friday internationally, tho. So far I haven't seen it in an originally local store. I wonder why it's called black (gonna Google that).

I think they call it Black friday because the extra Christmas sales business is generated the day after Thanksgiving, and it can bring some business out of the Red (debt) and into the Black (profitable)
Edit: Back in the day where business ledgers were written with ink, Red ink indicated a deficit and Black ink indicated a profit.... So being in the "Black" is good for business

Last edited:
You Canucks are backwards anyway. :p

Nah, I have several Canadian buds online and we rib each other about the different dates. Ours is set in November according to tradition and because that's roughly when the first Thanksgiving happened here.

We have black Friday sales here ,and I think some countries/areas in Europe have them too

Great to hear your daughter can come home.
Be careful in the holiday traffic and may God Bless you and all your family.
We are not sick at this time....just waiting for the second test results. Either way, because we were exposed we still have to self quarantine for the next couple of weeks.
PP, you ought to get a Cov test
We were both rapid tested last week (negative) after covid struck 2 of her coworkers. She brought another one for me just in case I wind up bedridden like last year so we can test in the middle of it. I took a big dose of Nyquil Max last night and today I'm able to sit here and not need Tylenol or a double dose of allergy meds just to not feel dead. I feel a lot better today than I did the past two days, and like I said symptoms were not the same. I had a sore throat, massive drainage (backward), and a lot of sinus pressure and fatigue. No cough, nausea, lack of taste, metallic taste, or wild fevers like last year. I fully believe I had it last year cause like I said before I felt like I was dying and I had ALL of the symptoms. If I wind up better today and tomorrow then it's not a repeat, merely a coincidence.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celabrate!! Stuffing ourselfs with Ham or Turkey and all matter of side foods and deserts! Also a chance for family to connect and share together the historical dinner. Back in days before computers and on-line buying. Black friday was a day to exercise while shopping to wear off all the food that was ate the day before. Enjoy the food and family we have together.

We were both rapid tested last week (negative) after covid struck 2 of her coworkers. She brought another one for me just in case I wind up bedridden like last year so we can test in the middle of it. I took a big dose of Nyquil Max last night and today I'm able to sit here and not need Tylenol or a double dose of allergy meds just to not feel dead. I feel a lot better today than I did the past two days, and like I said symptoms were not the same. I had a sore throat, massive drainage (backward), and a lot of sinus pressure and fatigue. No cough, nausea, lack of taste, metallic taste, or wild fevers like last year. I fully believe I had it last year cause like I said before I felt like I was dying and I had ALL of the symptoms. If I wind up better today and tomorrow then it's not a repeat, merely a coincidence.
Rapid test are not very accurate though..... 6 people where my wife works came up positive from a PCR test on monday, All 6 got the rapid test on Wednesday and every one was negative. She also got another PCR test on wednesday too, and we should know those results tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom