Potentially the longest thread in history...

Most large companies in the US have cut over 50% of their IT employees or subcontractors, and there are a lot of people in the medical field being let go too. Accountants, auditors, there are so many more fields than just business owners that catered to large crowds pre-covid that are suffering. In any case, it's not just scalpers out there causing stock shortages but actual people buying up these devices AND the scalped devices. You don't have to make a lot of money either to be doing this, I just worked on a PC for a guy that works at Kroger. Genuinely surprised he had an eVGA XC3 3080 when I looked in his machine. He said his dad put the card on his CC even though he's unemployed. Paid 1500 for it. The rest of his parts he paid for, which included a Hero XII Formula and i9 10900k.

I guess the point was missed though, as the outcry over the summer was open back up cause we're broke and jobless. Come fall people complaining they can't buy these several hundred dollar shinies due to stock shortage. Make up your mind, you either are broke and jobless or you got money for that PS5.

I took the day off today to start doing prep for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Some family will be missing as my nephew, his mom and dad are all in quarantine as my nephew was exposed at school. They are all fine so far but they are not coming regardless.

So, to all who celebrate American Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a great one. I plan on putting myself into a food coma at least once tomorrow. ;)

Our daughter is still in the hospital so no Thanksgiving celebration for us tomorrow. Hope everyone else that celebrates has a great one!

Our daughter is still in the hospital so no Thanksgiving celebration for us tomorrow. Hope everyone else that celebrates has a great one!
I'm still praying for her, mate. Postponing until she is able is still a good way to go.

Thanksgiving sux this year for us too.
Last week Mrs C was exposed to Covid so she had a test on monday and got a positive result last night. This morning she went in to take a second test and we won't know the results until Friday and the soonest. So we both have to self quarantine for the next couple of weeks and of course...wait for the second test results.

I talked to my daughter last night and she said she may get discharged from the hospital in the next day or two. If so, I'll be off on an 18 hour round trip drive to go pick her up and bring her home.

Back
Top Bottom