Potentially the longest thread in history...

I am still learning what all XenForo can do. I discovered some nifty tools to use against spam this morning. Sweet!

The software automatically culls suspicious signups and holds them for approval (which I knew from the get-go), But I just found out how simple it is to ban IP addresses. This coupled with the reports on the culled signups lets me know how many spam accounts are coming from an IP address and makes it simple to know which to nail shut.

6800 and 6800XT reviews are out, exactly where I said they'd be.
Now I need to wait until my bonus in April, which is when I'll be getting a new GPU. Which do you reckon would be the best bet with a £700 budget (given that I game on 4K)?

3080 if a refresh isn't going to happen.
That's what I figured. I also remembered while watching Linus' 6700/6800XT video that I use RTX Voice for my voice acting side gig, and so I'm kinda stuck getting a Nvidia GPU next anyway :p

Some people out there are actually calling a $400 card the new budget card. o_O The irony and my thought on this situation is with so many unemployed how is it so many people are able to gobble up this new tech huh? :unsure:

I think the people that are losing their jobs are mostly in the restaurant business and typically aren't someone who would be looking to buy a high end video card anyway. Of course there are exceptions.

I think budget gaming video cards are $300 USD at best. More than that starts mid-range.

But for a budget anyway, I think the field is what matters. I don't think low income people, or the unemployed, typically own or aim for gaming PC's, let alone getting a budget gaming video card. A budget vehicle, for example on the other hand, could be in the picture. Low specs devices that can game could be there, tho.

I feel for those people. God bless them, generally speaking.

Back
Top Bottom