Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm good. Still fat and sassy.

About to be some major changes here finally. Stay tuned for news from Janet in the extremely near future.

i'm kind of excited about that! Not so excited about xenforo though,i don't like the way it looks as much as vbulletin... although i do like the features, like the chat and stuff still nice that there might be some activity around here though!

No, i realize that this may be a mixed bag with the update and switching, for better or for worse this forum needs it... but possibly we should stick with vbulletin

Also this might help get back some members that have left because nothing happens...

These boards getting a change I'm gonna take with salt just like I did the Stalker 2 trailer lol.
My thoughts as well.

No, i realize that this may be a mixed bag with the update and switching, for better or for worse this forum needs it...
PP is referencing that the merger and update has been promised for years now (around 4 or or 5?). And upgrades to vBulletin had been promised in the past by previous owners...10 years ago.

but possibly we should stick with vbulletin

Also this might help get back some members that have left because nothing happens...

We're running an extremely old version of vBulletin; Xenforo is much more modern and works well from the few sites I've used that use it.

TPU uses XenForo and the amount of integration and interaction they have is pretty nice. I don't think vBul has enough modernization it would take to bring even a small crowd back. On the flip side, I don't think Xenforo would be enough either. I have a serious feeling that's why they haven't even bothered, because it's not worth the time for the 3 or 4 regulars we have here.

There are about 6 regulars :) And although XenForo is newer and has some good features like the chat system of private messaging i am afraid of what it is going to look like when the site opens up on friday... ADMINS: I am trusting you not to totally bosch the look of techist, so please don't disappoint me i don't want to have to use a butchered version of techist :( And beware: i have my doubts that i we mess up we will be able to turn back. But that ain't gonna happen. :)...

Back
Top Bottom