Potentially the longest thread in history...

My young one is older than most here but I do have a couple of young grandkids running around. ;)

I hope all the dads are having/did have a good Father's Day.

Kiera posts when she's bored, just like she barely says hey in Whatsapp :annoyed:

Few things happened in the past month.
1: I've pretty much decided I'm going to quit once things go back to full swing here at the ol job. Which, came in today and parking lot half full compared to the 4 cars last time I came in. Say it'll be pretty soon.
2: House is a done deal, it's being closed on August 8th so I'm packing up. Got the keys to our new rental last night and I gotta say I hated how I got the house, why I got the house, and the house itself but damn will I miss it.
No more home theater setup, no more big game room for us, no more kids upstairs so the parents can watch rated R movies without interruption, no more real amount of space. Oh and, no more free rent lol.
3: 3960x rig is being a pain in the ***. Was working fine at 4.8GHz on an NVMe drive with a 2080 and then doesn't want to boot past 4GHz or on the NVMe anymore. Might have to redo the bios idk, either that or the board is just taking a **** on me. In any case I hope I can get it going again so I can top the 3960x charts in 3dmark.
4: Didn't say anything because of the craziness of the year, but we did have our wedding planned for October 25th. Covid killed that, but we're looking into a new venue which isn't really what I want. I suppose if she's happy I will be though.

Last edited:
Kiera posts when she's bored, just like she barely says hey in Whatsapp :annoyed:

Few things happened in the past month.
1: I've pretty much decided I'm going to quit once things go back to full swing here at the ol job. Which, came in today and parking lot half full compared to the 4 cars last time I came in. Say it'll be pretty soon.
2: House is a done deal, it's being closed on August 8th so I'm packing up. Got the keys to our new rental last night and I gotta say I hated how I got the house, why I got the house, and the house itself but damn will I miss it.
No more home theater setup, no more big game room for us, no more kids upstairs so the parents can watch rated R movies without interruption, no more real amount of space. Oh and, no more free rent lol.
3: 3960x rig is being a pain in the ***. Was working fine at 4.8GHz on an NVMe drive with a 2080 and then doesn't want to boot past 4GHz or on the NVMe anymore. Might have to redo the bios idk, either that or the board is just taking a **** on me. In any case I hope I can get it going again so I can top the 3960x charts in 3dmark.
4: Didn't say anything because of the craziness of the year, but we did have our wedding planned for October 25th. Covid killed that, but we're looking into a new venue which isn't really what I want. I suppose if she's happy I will be though.

Yup... one of my most favorite nephews had a wedding scheduled also, the C19 killed that for 6/15/20. They rescheduled to 2021 for the reception but they still got married from a justice of the peace in a legal court anyway. They are still planning on a reception for 6/15/21 when the entire family can get together

Yup... one of my most favorite nephews had a wedding scheduled also, the C19 killed that for 6/15/20. They rescheduled to 2021 for the reception but they still got married from a justice of the peace in a legal court anyway. They are still planning on a reception for 6/15/21 when the entire family can get together
She got married to her ex husband 10 years ago in a courthouse and doesn't want to do that again. She even had to buy the rings :rolleyes:
Honestly it's not as bad as it sounds, because of this hitting it was a blessing in disguise. The original venue we had was a total rip off scam, and I knew it from the start just hearing the lady talk about it and going over their contract stuff. The catering part really showed it, when they wanted a 1 million dollar liability policy for outside catering when they wouldn't be using their facility or be inside the building at all. She wasn't too convinced it was a scam yet until we went to cancel. We were going to pay for it over the course of a few months and had a deposit down to lock in our date. At the table and signing we were told we could cancel at any time, just our deposit would be gone. No big deal, that's normal. When we called to reschedule because we couldn't get anything settled due to everybody being closed (including the dress tailored) she said normally we'd have to pay the rest of the price to reschedule and pay again because it'd be considered a "cancelation", but because of the covid circumstances they wouldn't charge us. I was like dude the paper said cancelation only ate our deposit and we wouldn't be charged. We wanted to reschedule but they were gonna charge us 3 grand to move the date then another 3 grand? Total damn scam. Made me glad I told her to finance the place and hold our saved cash for our move out instead otherwise we'd be down 3 grand for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom