Potentially the longest thread in history...

I am downloading the windows 10 2004 ISO right now because it released last night! I may just test it in a VM first though just in case it is really horrible. Internet is super slow so I have an hour or so left until finished. Will keep you posted on how bad it is.

Been here a long time and know most of the regulars. There was about a year or almost a year I ghosted an online presence for mental reasons but I came back.

Same - now life is just getting in the way so I don't have as much time to dedicate.

Grrrr. I am all kinds of pissed right now.

I received the replacement RAM for the defective set that I had received for my wife's computer, Patriot Viper Blackout Edition 2x4GB 3200MHz. So when I pulled my RAM out of her rig and put the new set in Windows shat the bed and could not start, saying it needed to go through startup repair. I tried several times but it just wouldn't or couldn't. So I decided to rerun Memtest.

Initially the test crashed before it got into the second one. Crashed as in locked up and could not continue. So I decided to run the tests individually for each core. Each core was almost nothing but continuous errors. So I am thinking, Great, the CPU is FUBAR. But I decided to put the XPG Spectrix back into her computer and rerun Memtest.

Her computer is finishing up the second pass out of four and not a single error. So this brand new set of RAM, the second one, is bad as well. Just processed the return of this set and ordered a set of Crucial.

Did you make sure it was actually corsiar RAM? Not some cheap knockoff?

Yes, it is a cheap knock of Corsair. It's called Crucial.

:p

I went with Crucial as it was the only one listed as supported on the mobo's support page for her processor (Picasso).

Back
Top Bottom