Potentially the longest thread in history...

I've had the most problems using ASrock boards with Ryzen chips than anything I have ever experienced. I suggest that you do not use ASRock boards with AMD Zen chips. Do the RMA and get a different branded board
(IMHO)

Was the bios cleared after CPU swap? Bent pins?

Can't get to BIOS since no POST, and they don't have a cap to short the CMOSCLR. Bent pins is possible but unlikely because we've tried two CPUs.

Currently looking at it as a RAM compatibility issue.

I've had the most problems using ASrock boards with Ryzen chips than anything I have ever experienced. I suggest that you do not use ASRock boards with AMD Zen chips. Do the RMA and get a different branded board
(IMHO)
I've built 3 now that fired right up :neutral:
Considering it's a 450 the bios could be old enough to not support the 3600x.

Can't get to BIOS since no POST, and they don't have a cap to short the CMOSCLR. Bent pins is possible but unlikely because we've tried two CPUs.

Currently looking at it as a RAM compatibility issue.
You can clear it the way I said in text, or by using a screw driver shorting the pins on number 18 here in the manual.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M%20Steel%20Legend.pdf

The way I said in text is best, and try posting with the 2200g in after a solid clear. ASRock boards should post initially to 2133 for compatibility with IF ratio locked.

I've built 3 now that fired right up :neutral:
Considering it's a 450 the bios could be old enough to not support the 3600x.
That's what I figured, hence why I sent them the 2200G to test.

I'll have them try shorting the CMOSCLR with a screwdriver and let you guys know. I've also sent them a DDR4-2666 8GB stick as a tester also (they'll be sending each they don't need back to me and I'll upgrade Abi's rig from their i7-2600)

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to post on this forum. I cannot find a “Post” icon anywhere!?!?!!! Thanks!:annoyed:

I believe there's a minimum post count before you can make new threads, i.e. you need to contribute before you can make new threads.

Back
Top Bottom