Potentially the longest thread in history...

My Honor 8X got its update to Android 9 today. I had heard it was going to be August but I'm not complaining.

I think I need to go to the doctors or something, because the past year or two (or even three maybe), I am just lethargic and tired as **** all the time. I used to think it was because I was depressed a couple years ago, but i'm really not anymore, I feel pretty happy. But I just have no will or energy to do anything. Buy new games, play for 15 mins, alt-f4. Get excited for Stranger Things season 3, bored within 10 minutes of that. Even when I was watching Chernobyl which is probably my favorite TV series of all time, I was still kind of getting bored and tempted to quit all the time.

And that is all stuff which doesn't even involve physical effort. The idea of anything remotely physical like washing my car is just big fat nope.

So idk what it is. Whether I am anemic, or underactive thyroid, or sleep apnea, of allergic rhinitis, or something inside my head. Really have no idea. About the only good "non-lazy" thing i've been doing consistently is a fair amount of cooking rather than store bought pizza and microwave meals like I used to eat everyday going back a few years.

https://i.imgur.com/Pxvksck.png

You seem to have reached the stage where spending/wasting all your time binge-watching/playing crap has lost its interest to you, happens. It's just time fillers now, not something you *really* actually enjoy.
But you're also apparently not quite at breaking point where you finally would invest more time/effort into something that doesn't offer instant gratification (other than food it seems, which I can totally relate to :p).
So you're stuck in a place where you're not quite willing to branch out on something new that would require more effort than usual, and it's made more difficult because you literally ARE more lethargic due to the lack of excitations/accomplishments that give you the boost you're finding yourself missing.
[/armchair]

Spent my saturday saying goodbye to my last surviving gramps, he's due to shuffle off today or tomorrow says the doc. It's sad ofc, but I think everyone accepted this was coming a while back so it's not really a difficult one. Almost glad he's finally going and can be at peace.

Sunday I did a small bbq roast pork, which ended up being off/stunk :angry: so my dog got it all lucky lil ****er. Also did more work on my kitchen, pulled down the last old bits and got it ready for the new wall cabinets. Bought the range hood too finally, installing that tomorrow!

You seem to have reached the stage where spending/wasting all your time binge-watching/playing crap has lost its interest to you, happens. It's just time fillers now, not something you *really* actually enjoy.
But you're also apparently not quite at breaking point where you finally would invest more time/effort into something that doesn't offer instant gratification (other than food it seems, which I can totally relate to :p).
So you're stuck in a place where you're not quite willing to branch out on something new that would require more effort than usual, and it's made more difficult because you literally ARE more lethargic due to the lack of excitations/accomplishments that give you the boost you're finding yourself missing.
[/armchair]

Spent my saturday saying goodbye to my last surviving gramps, he's due to shuffle off today or tomorrow says the doc. It's sad ofc, but I think everyone accepted this was coming a while back so it's not really a difficult one. Almost glad he's finally going and can be at peace.

Sunday I did a small bbq roast pork, which ended up being off/stunk :angry: so my dog got it all lucky lil ****er. Also did more work on my kitchen, pulled down the last old bits and got it ready for the new wall cabinets. Bought the range hood too finally, installing that tomorrow!
If he's like me at all you're spot on really.

THis weekend was wild. On the 4th we went out to the country and spent some time at my friend's house. Taught the boy how to shoot an AR, got the missus unscared of firing a weapon again, and they all got to experience popping fireworks for the first time. So naturally, I went all out. But while we were at Walmart her ex got super salty and kicked her out of his mom's place where she was staying temp (no he doesn't live with his mom). Started a lot of drama, and I'm over here like **** it Murica time let's drink and have fun. Friday was no better, she was dealing with his family and them trying to cause drama (while she was at work mind you) while I had a person here going over paper work to do a short sale on my house. So I'm here for another 4-5 months yayyy. Saturday was a trip, but the highlight was taking the family swimming....and it proceeded to randomly storm like a hard mother Fer when we loaded up to go to Cici's Pizza. We cleaned the house up a bit more since we're not moving right now and today we went to see Toy Story 4. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow lol. :silly:

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2342.jpg
    IMG_2342.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1
  • 66419309_2261437177224875_5250682332079194112_o.jpg
    66419309_2261437177224875_5250682332079194112_o.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ngl sounds like fun, I do wish we could do that **** here. At the very least fireworks would be awesome :( idk why those have to be banned other than morons setting the country on fire with em. Which tbf in a place like here is a pretty high likelihood :grin: ahh well...

[/armchair]

Sorry to hear about your gramps :[

You may be right with your armchair assessment, but I dunno. I still am very interested in TV and games and such, atleast I think I am. But when it comes to playing or watching them, it almost feels like have some attention disordered like ADHD because within minutes I find myself on my phone looking on Twitter or Reddit. But then maybe it's just I don't find the things I am watching/playing as interesting as they used to be or as interesting as I want/expect them to be, and there is nothing 'wrong' with me at all. This could be the case because for example last night I was bored and saw a BBC documentary called War In The Blood, it was 100 minutes long and I was totally engrossed for the entire time - so evidently I *can* still be interested by these things. So... there is a lot of conflicting evidence towards what my issue is :p

Btw I would highly reccomend seeking out that documentary I just mentioned. It came out last night in the UK on BBC, so you should be able to find it somewhere. It's about two seperate guys/families who are undergoing groundbreaking CAR-T cell therapy under Phase 1 trials for their leukemia. It follows the doctors and researchers behind the treatment, and also the families themselves. It's 10/10 but also heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom