Potentially the longest thread in history...

Capped at 4 ? damn. We don't have a cap here. I've worked with people who had to give 16 weeks notice, but they also get 16 weeks redundancy pay so swings and roundabouts.

My Mum switched universities and had to give 8+n weeks notice, with n being the remaining number of weeks until the end of the sixth semester (roughly the end of July). However, if she were to be let go she'd get something like a year's redundancy pay (not that heads of computing faculties will be redundant any time soon).

A 2 week notice here is a courtesy, but all of this really depends on who you work for.

For instance my current contract employer with Lockheed I can be fired for dropping a pen and I can quit on a dime if I wanted to. My previous contract employer gave me a severance pay when I got laid off and prefer a 2 week if you move on. Then again, different "levels" of employment altogether, and Viper was a much better contract representation than most out there. For a lot of places that do subcontract work you also have the discrepancies of being contract vs full time. You can be "full time" as a contract worker but it differs from say being Aero here, or RMS etc.

Filed my tax return today, man I love how easy it is now. 99% of it is pre-filled, just had to enter my healthcare details and car expenses. Total time ~4 mins! Estimate says I'll get a decent chunk back this year too ftw, couldn't have come at a better time :p all this bbq'ing and kitchen renos and passport/travel stuff has sucked me pretty dry

Filed my tax return today, man I love how easy it is now. 99% of it is pre-filled, just had to enter my healthcare details and car expenses. Total time ~4 mins! Estimate says I'll get a decent chunk back this year too ftw, couldn't have come at a better time :p all this bbq'ing and kitchen renos and passport/travel stuff has sucked me pretty dry

Still not as easy as UK then :lol:

Got promoted today. Now a Senior Engineer. Which means pay rise, and I get to mentor the newbies officially. Plus, no more night or weekend shifts.

Congratz kmanmx!

btw... what did you do? I forgot
:rolleyes: :omg:

To be fair I looked back and I didn't actually say I started a new job, just said i'd received an offer :p okay so I will make it official.

[Redacted]

Atleast that's what I can tell, not actually started the job yet. But something like the above ^ :lol:

edit:

top kek

[Redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom