Potentially the longest thread in history...

Contacted Scan and Overclockers asking when I can pre order Ryzen 3900x, and both said they don't know. ****ing useless.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Gib 3900x ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

So I saw we get 6500MB/S SSD's via PCI-E 4.0 ?

I guess I will be upgrading to X570 when they arrive. I actually think it will be a necessary upgrade in the coming years. PS4 and next Xbox are both using these new 5GB/S+ SSD's, and multiplat games probably going to be designed around it. Not just about quicker load times, but it enables you to design your game in a way that you can't if you rely on slower storage systems.

So my boss has offered to sell me his 2007 jeep wrangler, it needs a head gasket change & new clutch though. I'm tossing up whether to make an offer or not :S been told Jeeps break all the time and ain't cheap to fix, new engine on eBay is like 2500 by itself too. Even if I bought it for 2k flat, I'd likely be looking at 5.1-5.5k all up to fix her.
Ehh, even writing that has convinced me not to do it :p seems like an expensive and difficult project given I've only done minor car repairs before.

Well, I am quite impressed at something the UK did for once. The Gov decided changing ISP's was too difficult and expensive and anti-consumer, so they told all the ISP's it had to be way simpler. That was last year.

So I get a call a week ago from my mobile provider, Vodafone. They tell me they can switch my home internet over to Vodafone on the same connection type as I am on with BT (80/20 VDSL). All they needed was me to confirm my name and address, and they would sort the rest out. They even guaranteed they would get me out of my current 18 month BT contract for free. So I said sure, go for it.

A week later, my new router arrives from Vodafone. My BT line stopped working at 9:30am this morning, I swapped over to the Vodafone router and I was up and connected by 9:40am.

I didn't have to do a single thing. No ringing up my old ISP to cancel or anything, Vodafone literally sorted everything out automatically. And now I am paying £26 a month for 80/20 instead of £56 on BT.

Well, I am quite impressed at something the UK did for once. The Gov decided changing ISP's was too difficult and expensive and anti-consumer, so they told all the ISP's it had to be way simpler. That was last year.

So I get a call a week ago from my mobile provider, Vodafone. They tell me they can switch my home internet over to Vodafone on the same connection type as I am on with BT (80/20 VDSL). All they needed was me to confirm my name and address, and they would sort the rest out. They even guaranteed they would get me out of my current 18 month BT contract for free. So I said sure, go for it.

A week later, my new router arrives from Vodafone. My BT line stopped working at 9:30am this morning, I swapped over to the Vodafone router and I was up and connected by 9:40am.

I didn't have to do a single thing. No ringing up my old ISP to cancel or anything, Vodafone literally sorted everything out automatically. And now I am paying £26 a month for 80/20 instead of £56 on BT.

That sounds brilliant! I'm on 80/20 for £20/month with NowTV who have always been reliable so I've no reason to switch until that deal ends in August.

That sounds brilliant! I'm on 80/20 for £20/month with NowTV who have always been reliable so I've no reason to switch until that deal ends in August.

Downside is the Vodafone router has ****ing awful WiFi. Its in the room next to me and 2.4ghz gives me 10Mbps and 5ghz gives me 40mbps but only 1 bar of signal.

I think ill be plugging in my BT Smarthub into the Vodafone router and use it as the WAP and turn WiFi off on the Vodafone ****e.

Downside is the Vodafone router has ****ing awful WiFi. Its in the room next to me and 2.4ghz gives me 10Mbps and 5ghz gives me 40mbps but only 1 bar of signal.

I think ill be plugging in my BT Smarthub into the Vodafone router and use it as the WAP and turn WiFi off on the Vodafone ****e.

I'm surprised you of all people don't have a discrete WAP for quality and management reasons.

I'm surprised you of all people don't have a discrete WAP for quality and management reasons.

I used to going back 4 or 5 years. Used to get rid of any ISP provided hardware and swap for a Billion 7800N. But the past few years they've gotten pretty good, atleast BT's. Rock solid stable, and the WiFi covered the entire house and never drops even under abuse. BT's Smarthub 6A has never given me a single issue or reason to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom