Potentially the longest thread in history...

Calling back so quick is a giant red flag to me.

This wasn't actually a job I applied for, it was a recruiter that found my CV. I presume it's because I had been updating my CV on all these job sites and LinkedIn. May have been pure coincidence that I had just finished applying for jobs earlier in the morning.. not sure.

That's still insanely lucky :p

Wait what part are you guys saying is lucky :p ?

Ah that makes more sense. I get these types of offers daily. I put no weight behind them. It's always either a scam, low paying, or some kind of contract spot

Ah that makes more sense. I get these types of offers daily. I put no weight behind them. It's always either a scam, low paying, or some kind of contract spot

Ah I see. Well I don't think this is a scam. The recruitment company is legitimate and they got me an interview in the past, and the company the job is with is also legitimate. So we'll see. They'll probably think I am too young or inexperienced anyway. But meh, all I can do is try :p seems like most people in the business world luck and bull**** their way into good paying jobs so now it's my turn :lol:

This wasn't actually a job I applied for, it was a recruiter that found my CV. I presume it's because I had been updating my CV on all these job sites and LinkedIn. May have been pure coincidence that I had just finished applying for jobs earlier in the morning.. not sure.

Wait what part are you guys saying is lucky :p ?
IT Manager role at a small company. I said I have no management experience but apparently that's what they want,

That part.

IT Manager role at a small company. I said I have no management experience but apparently that's what they want,

That part.

Oh. Yeah that part is quite lucky. But it's not a huge salary, about $45k to $50k I think. That's low end for a IT manager job here - but hey, I can't argue with that, they 're not expecting management experience. To be honest I would accept an even lower salary purely because it's a great step on the career ladder.

edit:

Okay apparently it's not particularly low end salary for a manager. About average it seems. UK salaries suck.

Oh. Yeah that part is quite lucky. But it's not a huge salary, about $45k to $50k I think. That's low end for a IT manager job here - but hey, I can't argue with that, they 're not expecting management experience. To be honest I would accept an even lower salary purely because it's a great step on the career ladder.

edit:

Okay apparently it's not particularly low end salary for a manager. About average it seems.
Not really low end, depending on how small the company is. It's the kind of job I'm looking for honestly.

Not really low end, depending on how small the company is. It's the kind of job I'm looking for honestly.

Yah see edit above^

I still am thinking there is only 20% chance they hire me. So I won't be getting my hopes up. It would be nice to get a lucky break with a job though, I think my sister stole my entire families job luck for the past 5 years.

Yah see edit above^

I still am thinking there is only 20% chance they hire me. So I won't be getting my hopes up. It would be nice to get a lucky break with a job though, I think my sister stole my entire families job luck for the past 5 years.
45-50 in terms of freedom dollars is pretty low, at least for a manager role. If the company has 50 or less users with an even smaller IT asset collection it would be easy with a no 3rd party situation.

Back
Top Bottom