Potentially the longest thread in history...

At my most I had three 24" across the bottom working as a single display, and the 27 above. From there I went to a 43" ultrawide, but it was 1080P and 120Hz (the three had been 165Hz). I eventually bought my current 40", which runs at 144Hz and is 3440x1440. I am really wanting to jump to a 49" ultrawide running 1440P and 240Hz but I would have to talk the wife into letting me blow 800-1000 bucks for it.
 
I've got a 48 inch 4k monitor as my main screen, a 27 inch 1440p in vertical on the right hand side of it and a 1440p 27 inch on the left hand side of it horizontally. It would look much sleeker if both of the 27s were vertical on the side of my 48" as they are the exact same height as the 48, but the horizontal orientation is just more practical for most things.
 
At one point I had 6 screen on monitor arms, but now I only have a single 42" C2. I'll be downgrading size again when I grab a 32".

Appraiser came through and sent us our info this morning. If I'm reading it right, it passed livability and for sure passed value. That should be the last hurdle for this house purchase.....I hope.
 
Yea it was kinda stupid lol. I wanted to stream and wanted literally everything to have its own monitor. One screen was simply dedicated to MSI Afterburner monitoring.
 
another buyer made a better offer
It's not on the market, this was a private sale with people I've known since before Covid.

What actually happened is this:
We were supposed to buy the place privately last summer but got ran out of the rental we had causing us to spend 4500 out of our savings to rent another place temp. Then the same month my wife was unemployed and had to use more savings to cover a month worth of her bills while looking for another job.
By August the guy thought we were bullshitting even though we told him, it has to be ready BEFORE May of 2024.
The dad lives in the house, the son owns the house, the other son is a realty attorney.
The dad was cutting us a deal after he saw how bad the market was last year and selling us the place a cut below market value (only by like 40k).
The place was run down and needed work to pass appraisal and FHA approval. He got denied the ability to built his RV parking area and shop in his sons back yard by the city his son lives in all the way back in January. From then till March he did not think once what he would do.
I tried speaking to his son (the owner) in September to get all the details square and was ignored. By March he started talking to me heavily about it realizing they fucked up and had a lot to do in little time. Instead of saying no then, we went ALL the way through contracts, closing disclosures, appraisal, survey, our earnest taken, and were supposed to close on the 31st. Because our lender is a green moron it got delayed until the following Monday.
That Saturday morning (the 1st) he messaged me saying it just won't work out, they're ill (yet they were at the Mavs game 2 days prior), injured (his dad just spent 2 months redoing 2 rooms and plumbing), and that it's just not a good time because they still have a lot to do (despite us leasing a whole extra month to give them 3 weeks to move his stuff out).
All in all the dude wasted our time and waited until he was contractually not obligated to push through to make excuses simply because they didn't get off their ass to do anything and were too lazy to actually move shit out of that house in 3 weeks.
There is a LOT more to the story over just the month of May, but that's the gist. They don't know the appraisal numbers because we never told them. But the son (owner) guessed on the money months prior what it would be worth anyways. He knew he was taking a loss but since we were all buddies he was going to do it. Laziness just got in the way once they realized shit, this is actually happening.
 
It's not on the market, this was a private sale with people I've known since before Covid.

What actually happened is this:
We were supposed to buy the place privately last summer but got ran out of the rental we had causing us to spend 4500 out of our savings to rent another place temp. Then the same month my wife was unemployed and had to use more savings to cover a month worth of her bills while looking for another job.
By August the guy thought we were bullshitting even though we told him, it has to be ready BEFORE May of 2024.
The dad lives in the house, the son owns the house, the other son is a realty attorney.
The dad was cutting us a deal after he saw how bad the market was last year and selling us the place a cut below market value (only by like 40k).
The place was run down and needed work to pass appraisal and FHA approval. He got denied the ability to built his RV parking area and shop in his sons back yard by the city his son lives in all the way back in January. From then till March he did not think once what he would do.
I tried speaking to his son (the owner) in September to get all the details square and was ignored. By March he started talking to me heavily about it realizing they fucked up and had a lot to do in little time. Instead of saying no then, we went ALL the way through contracts, closing disclosures, appraisal, survey, our earnest taken, and were supposed to close on the 31st. Because our lender is a green moron it got delayed until the following Monday.
That Saturday morning (the 1st) he messaged me saying it just won't work out, they're ill (yet they were at the Mavs game 2 days prior), injured (his dad just spent 2 months redoing 2 rooms and plumbing), and that it's just not a good time because they still have a lot to do (despite us leasing a whole extra month to give them 3 weeks to move his stuff out).
All in all the dude wasted our time and waited until he was contractually not obligated to push through to make excuses simply because they didn't get off their ass to do anything and were too lazy to actually move shit out of that house in 3 weeks.
There is a LOT more to the story over just the month of May, but that's the gist. They don't know the appraisal numbers because we never told them. But the son (owner) guessed on the money months prior what it would be worth anyways. He knew he was taking a loss but since we were all buddies he was going to do it. Laziness just got in the way once they realized shit, this is actually happening.
Why are you dealing with this bullshit?
You go to a credit union or a bank and get per-approved for x-amount of dollars for a loan on a home that you like and the realtor works with you with the realtor from the seller to make that purchase. It is truly up to you if you or the seller have to pay for inspectors (they really are a joke here in michigan) We went through FHA on my first home and it was a nightmare with getting pushed off on the timing to settle purchase and we had to pay extra because of delays, certain things needed to be done before FHA would approve, like painting trim and a hand rail to the basement, other picky little things. I know that a down payment is mega $$$ but their are other option your realtor could help you with no?
 
Why are you dealing with this bullshit?
You go to a credit union or a bank and get per-approved for x-amount of dollars for a loan on a home that you like and the realtor works with you with the realtor from the seller to make that purchase. It is truly up to you if you or the seller have to pay for inspectors (they really are a joke here in michigan) We went through FHA on my first home and it was a nightmare with getting pushed off on the timing to settle purchase and we had to pay extra because of delays, certain things needed to be done before FHA would approve, like painting trim and a hand rail to the basement, other picky little things. I know that a down payment is mega $$$ but their are other option your realtor could help you with no?

1: Needed FHA for lower interest rates and DPA. We were hammered all year last year starting in June making it much harder to put more back like we did before the great CoL increase. Last year in June we had 21k saved, this year by May we had 5600. The minimum down of 3.5% was 8225 and time was ticking on our current place. Currently we are here on borrowed time still (the lease extension for them to move their shit).
2: This guy was the 5th lender to step in due to the nature of the sale and it being a mobile home. That's why we wound up with somebody so green that ultimately wound up killing the deal.
3: We didn't hire any inspectors or deal with them. I knew the history of the house dating back to 97. I had the paperwork in hand detailing all major repairs, when the shop was up, blueprints, etc. I even stayed there a couple days back in April to take a good look at the place without distraction. The advantages of knowing the people selling to you.
4: All that FHA crap was completed. I told them everything they needed to do on a list and what to have prepared to show the person if asked by March. That's why the old man redid the back 2 rooms because they were gutted. All new insulation, walls, windows, padding, carpet, trim, paint, and they even bought some new blinds. He fixed the front porch, and added the stupid hand rail lol. The only 2 people that went out we had to pay for which was FHA Appraiser and property surveyor. Those were mandatory and technically after closing would have been covered and given back to us via seller incentives.

Both the realtor and the lender kept getting "confused" on the nature of the deal, but ultimately it was because they were not listening to me. We couldn't get rid of them either because the lender was locked in with the realtor, and my wife signed that stupid realtor contract of exclusivity. Now that this deal is done we no longer need them and all contracts null. Most of the BS was because of the two of them, but the deal killed because of seller/his dad's laziness.
As I mentioned prior, FHA was needed due to interest. FHA Cap is 8%, whereas conventional starts at 9% and we would have been much higher than that making mortgage an unrealistic amount. To put it into perspective, they were selling us the house for 220k. This was a mobile home outside of city limits, on an acre, with a 22x48 shop that's fully insulated/walled/powered with 220/110 off the main pole and not a sub from the house. The house is 4bed/3bath with 2100sqft, doublewide made in 97 with a 3 year old HVAC and roof. The HVAC was moved centrally in the house with the tubing converted to commercial metal through the middle of the home. It actually worked way better than anything I've ever felt in a mobile home made pre-2010.
The only other place we were approved for in the same ballpark was 270k and an hour and 20 minute drive one way to my job. Most other places around where we currently are start at 300k......for a damn redneck scooter.

With the realtor fee being put ontop of the loan due to lack of closing costs, and an abundant (14k) of seller incentives, this would have been the cheapest place in DFW like this even at the end cost of 235k. With 235k at 7.75% after DPA increase, insurance, taxes, the ending mortgage would have been 2100 a month. The 270k would have been around 2400 a month. Most folks with mobile homes are hanging onto them because their mortgage is so low. At the end of the loan at 7.75% we would have wound up paying over 600k due to the interest rates. My last home I bought my FHA interest was 2.25%. I can't imagine paying damn near a million bucks on a shit shack at the end of the term if interest was 9% or higher. Worst part is, there's a dealer down the highway from us selling similar new customizable homes for around 116k, when you add an acre it'd be around 216k but it'd be completely empty with absolutely no internet access. They offer in house financing, but their rates start at 10% meaning that's why the house is so cheap.

Comparable stick built houses here start at 350k on a post it note for land and an HOA. Hard pass. Even with my corp discount through D.R. Horton that cost would be insanely high due to interest and taxes. I made the mistake of not caring when I was 28 and suffered because of it, not making the same mistake again. Ultimately what we're going to wind up doing is launch my business here at half capacity with the fiber available and save then purchase under the company name. If that doesn't pan out, hopefully shit takes a turn for the better by next year in terms of CoL or housing cost.
 
Back
Top Bottom