Potentially the longest thread in history...

It's weird, in 10 years of work noone has ever asked me for a reason before. I'm not gonna provide it, even if they push hard.
Just found out I could have been using an exploit all weekend. You could ping an enemy during the death cam and see them the entire time. Makes perfect sense how some people knew where I was after dying and respawning.

The latency issue in MW2 is actually now starting to get to me. I've since been reporting everybody that kills me with a high ping. I queue in a 35ms lobby and start getting killed by people with 75ms or higher, nah. PS5 friend was behind me, I got killed by a guy going around a corner, and mine, his, and the killcam perspectives were all different. I'm getting two hit killed by people I see first after dumping 20 rounds into them but the killcam shows they are shooting first which is impossible in some scenarios. Especially when my latency for most matches is 16ms. Just read in a Reddit thread "it feels like I'm 1s slower than everybody" and it makes perfect sense to the scenario a lot of people are coming across.

View attachment 14931

This is really actually pissing me off. I have a ping of 3, my buddy 10, queue of 16ms, and this dickhead at 94 is in the lobby.

Im pretty much exclusively playing Ground War and there is always two or more people with high ping. Generally it's not causing me too many issues from what I can tell, but definitely had a few deaths where the killcam showed a different sequence of events in terms of who shot first etc.

Im pretty much exclusively playing Ground War and there is always two or more people with high ping. Generally it's not causing me too many issues from what I can tell, but definitely had a few deaths where the killcam showed a different sequence of events in terms of who shot first etc.
In the bigger matches it doesn't matter that much, and I'd assume it's because they threw more resources at Ground War and Invasion. Not only that, but the maps are huge and people are everywhere. Compared to MP where you're on tiny maps and quick reactions means everything. In my last post I mentioned the kill cam, but those have historically been very inaccurate. I went by my buddies video since he was behind me which was different than my perspective, and for good measure the kill cam was different than all 3. Why? Because this dudes ping was close to 100. Earlier today I had an issue where I came around the corner, dude jumped in front of me and I shot up to compensate (very close range, I had a shotgun) and both my buddy and the kill cam showed he in fact did not jump and was able to easily kill me because I was looking up. This time it was in invasion. I also had a few matches where it was very clear the other person that was shooting at me didn't even have their reticle on me at range but still managed to kill me before me killing him getting every hit according to the hit marker. Suppression bullets also don't do a single thing in these scenarios.

In the bigger matches it doesn't matter that much, and I'd assume it's because they threw more resources at Ground War and Invasion. Not only that, but the maps are huge and people are everywhere. Compared to MP where you're on tiny maps and quick reactions means everything. In my last post I mentioned the kill cam, but those have historically been very inaccurate. I went by my buddies video since he was behind me which was different than my perspective, and for good measure the kill cam was different than all 3. Why? Because this dudes ping was close to 100. Earlier today I had an issue where I came around the corner, dude jumped in front of me and I shot up to compensate (very close range, I had a shotgun) and both my buddy and the kill cam showed he in fact did not jump and was able to easily kill me because I was looking up. This time it was in invasion. I also had a few matches where it was very clear the other person that was shooting at me didn't even have their reticle on me at range but still managed to kill me before me killing him getting every hit according to the hit marker. Suppression bullets also don't do a single thing in these scenarios.
Hoping for a patch soon that fixes some of the graphical issues, maybe they'll make improvements to the netcode and player ping filtering but I kinda doubt it to be honest. Also expecting a big nerf to the Javelin... that thing is wildly powerful. Several times i've killed three or more people sniping on a rooftop from 200 meters away using that thing. It's really fun though, so ima use the heck out of it until it gets nerfed.

Hoping for a patch soon that fixes some of the graphical issues, maybe they'll make improvements to the netcode and player ping filtering but I kinda doubt it to be honest. Also expecting a big nerf to the Javelin... that thing is wildly powerful. Several times i've killed three or more people sniping on a rooftop from 200 meters away using that thing. It's really fun though, so ima use the heck out of it until it gets nerfed.
I don't really care too much about graphical issues, I just want to be able to play the game without getting really pissed off from dumb scenarios that are artificial. Like when people are better, they're better, but in this case this is just like reverse lag hacking.

I don't really care too much about graphical issues, I just want to be able to play the game without getting really pissed off from dumb scenarios that are artificial. Like when people are better, they're better, but in this case this is just like reverse lag hacking.
Since the new Nvidia update i'm getting stupid bad flickering, and I really can't be bothered to roll back my driver to the last version so i'm just accepting it atm. I'm wondering if lag is worse in the US than Europe. Most players here are in western europe and probably geographically closer than players are in the US who I guess are primarily on two coasts far apart, and the US may attract more asian players possibly too.

Since the new Nvidia update i'm getting stupid bad flickering, and I really can't be bothered to roll back my driver to the last version so i'm just accepting it atm. I'm wondering if lag is worse in the US than Europe. Most players here are in western europe and probably geographically closer than players are in the US who I guess are primarily on two coasts far apart, and the US may attract more asian players possibly too.
Yea that flickering is what I was talking about earlier, where it just flickers solid white sometimes. It's annoying, but ignorable after a while. On the other hand, having the same 1s behind everybody issue every damn match is not ignorable and kills the gaming experience. I also don't want to roll back because the latest driver did bring a sizeable DX12 improvement.

Unlike new BF (1, V, 2042) and Rocket League, CoD does it right by utilizing west, central, and eastern CDNs for their queue system by latency. The problem is precisely your last statement AND them not utilizing the queue system properly. Me having basically a direct pipe straight to Dallas means my ping can be 3ms like pictured, but the same CDNs can be used by people from up in the far north, Canada, Mexico, and some Central American companies. For instance, the bottom guy was Mexican speaking spanish the whole time with a ping of 94. If my queue is 25, 26, or 27 there should be absolutely nobody above 50 and that's stretching it. What's odd is I never had this problem with MW19, and this game is practically a refresh of that with the same engine. I'm used to having these issues with BF dating back to BF3 and the dreaded Frostbite netcode and TTK issues. With MW19 I moved back to CoD because they had it "right" until hackers ruined it before Rikochet. It's super weird and it concerns me they haven't addressed this despite many talking about it.

Yea that flickering is what I was talking about earlier, where it just flickers solid white sometimes. It's annoying, but ignorable after a while. On the other hand, having the same 1s behind everybody issue every damn match is not ignorable and kills the gaming experience. I also don't want to roll back because the latest driver did bring a sizeable DX12 improvement.

Unlike new BF (1, V, 2042) and Rocket League, CoD does it right by utilizing west, central, and eastern CDNs for their queue system by latency. The problem is precisely your last statement AND them not utilizing the queue system properly. Me having basically a direct pipe straight to Dallas means my ping can be 3ms like pictured, but the same CDNs can be used by people from up in the far north, Canada, Mexico, and some Central American companies. For instance, the bottom guy was Mexican speaking spanish the whole time with a ping of 94. If my queue is 25, 26, or 27 there should be absolutely nobody above 50 and that's stretching it. What's odd is I never had this problem with MW19, and this game is practically a refresh of that with the same engine. I'm used to having these issues with BF dating back to BF3 and the dreaded Frostbite netcode and TTK issues. With MW19 I moved back to CoD because they had it "right" until hackers ruined it before Rikochet. It's super weird and it concerns me they haven't addressed this despite many talking about it.
You just gotta wait 20 years... everyone will have gigabit fiber even in rural Uganda, edge node CDN's everywhere and some crazy almost magic like AI based lag compensation that noone really knows how it works except some 170 IQ person at MIT that invented it.

Back
Top Bottom