Potentially the longest thread in history...

Like what?

I didn't like how Samsung notifications worked (specifically, the screen not lighting up when you get a notiification) so I downloaded an app that lets you change a whole load of ways notifications operate. Though admittedly, generally I like how most things are done in iOS so I never really cared about being able to change them.

Yeah im really thinking this battery life might be a deal breaker. I got out of bed 10 minutes ago and am still making breakfast, and im already down to 92% just from catching up on twitter and news.

Sounds like Android stuff to me.
Yeah i'm going back to iPhone. Battery ran out before I reached the end of the day yesterday. And just had to restart my phone because it was stuck at 60hz refresh rate for some reason. So frustrating, I love the hardware and everything about it. But the battery sucks and in the space of a week i've had Google Assistant stop working and the 120hz stop working. It's only a week old and it makes me worry what it's going to be like a year down the line.

Yeah i'm going back to iPhone. Battery ran out before I reached the end of the day yesterday. And just had to restart my phone because it was stuck at 60hz refresh rate for some reason. So frustrating, I love the hardware and everything about it. But the battery sucks and in the space of a week i've had Google Assistant stop working and the 120hz stop working. It's only a week old and it makes me worry what it's going to be like a year down the line.
Must be something about that phone. I have had Samsung Galaxy S9 for a couple years now. Charged it up yesterday morning and I'm still at 70% this evening. Talking and texting mostly.

Must be something about that phone. I have had Samsung Galaxy S9 for a couple years now. Charged it up yesterday morning and I'm still at 70% this evening. Talking and texting mostly.
Its just the massive foldout screen. Battery life was pretty good just using the cover screen, but it tanked fast with the foldout screen in use… which is the whole point in the phone. I’m a heavy user and normally get 6 to 8 hours screen time on a typical day.

Ohwell, my 13 Pro Max arrived this morning. Holy wow it’s smooooth!

Yea I gotta agree with him, I've seen the phone in person and the fold out is definitely the whole point of the phone. I feel it's targeted for people who don't mind being on the charger. That same guy usually posts about how long his battery life is with his S20+ Ultra and then he got the Fold and those posts disappeared.

Battery life on this thing is ridiculous. Ending most days 50% battery plus. Wild. I hope Apple continue to focus on battery life with future SoCs.

In other news, only just realised Microsoft give you a free hosted build agent in Azure Devops, and 2GiB Artifact storage. So I can do some playing and learning CI/CD stuff for work finally. Want to learn Bicep in particular, looks like a nice abstraction layer for ARM JSON.

Battery life on this thing is ridiculous. Ending most days 50% battery plus. Wild. I hope Apple continue to focus on battery life with future SoCs.

In other news, only just realised Microsoft give you a free hosted build agent in Azure Devops, and 2GiB Artifact storage. So I can do some playing and learning CI/CD stuff for work finally. Want to learn Bicep in particular, looks like a nice abstraction layer for ARM JSON.
You also get free-tier of some Azure services - with some restrictions of course.

Back
Top Bottom