Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkphotoguy

Baseband Member
Sorry i really did not know where i should post this but i have seen people around the forums that have information about their computer that comes up everything they post something i was wondering how to do that.. also is there any way to know if somebody has responded to one of your posts because i keep making bookmarks in my web browser so i do not loose where my last post was.

You're probably talking about a signature.

# 40 good posts to get a signature. Posting things like "LOL" or "That is some good information" will get you noticed real fast and get your signature use blocked before you even get it. A couple posts like this are fine, but 40 posts just so you can put up a link to your site will not be allowed.
# 40 posts to gain access to the PM (Personal Messenger) System.
# 40 posts to gain access to the Off Topic forum.
# 100 good posts to reach the B/S/T Area.

Those are the limits imposed on new members.

As for your second question...Use the tabbed-links at the top. The one that says 'UserCP'. Click that, and it will display a list of all threads you have posted in.

jkphotoguy said:
but i have seen people around the forums that have information about their computer that comes up everything they post something i was wondering how to do that..

Those are called signatures. You're not allowed one until you've had 40-100 posts, which are only text sigs. 100+ posts allow graphic and text sigs.

You can read more about that in our general rules thread:
Computer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Site Feedback & Suggestions
And be sure to read the other rules as well.

You can check if someone has replied to one of your posts by going to your User CP. And while in the User CP, you can also edit options on the left, and choose whether or not you'd like to be notified by email, etc.

*edit*
carnageX beat me to it.

ok thanks guys....... there is another one :p

*edit*
When i go into the "user cp" it says "There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."

That either means you've checked all the replied posts, and/or there are no new replies to the threads you've posted in.

Yep, sure would. If you want though, you can click 'View all subscribed threads' at the bottom of the list and it will show you the topics you have replied in, even if there are no new posts.

Or, if you really ambitious, click "New Posts" in the tabs up top. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom