Posting..... system components!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKnPA

In Runtime
Can we PLEASE make it mandatory for posters( initiating threads) to list their sys. components.
We waste so much time & space asking them in subsequent posts just trying to determine what they have in their computers.
Is this possible? Having it in the Profile box before they are allowed to Post would solve a lot of problems!

Just a thought..........

I like the idea of the system components being in the profile. However, I doubt that it will be made mandatory since some new members may not even know what their components are. This is a forum for all levels of "techy-ness".

Dave :D

DMo224 said:
I like the idea of the system components being in the profile. However, I doubt that it will be made mandatory since some new members may not even know what their components are. This is a forum for all levels of "techy-ness".

Dave :D

Dave....
With all due respect........ how much trouble is it for them to open the case and get the information needed so other posters can attempt to help them.
Almost every case I see here (98%), the people are just too lazy/uninformed to do it!

Thanks....

JKnPA said:
how much trouble is it for them to open the case and get the information needed so other posters can attempt to help them.
well that depends on their level of knowledge. it can vary greatly between members here.
most people here know at least the basics, however we do get people who, when they open their case, what they really see is "a bunch of computer stuff" and have no clue where to begin. and that is often why they come here.

the people are just too lazy/uninformed to do it!

A few are too lazy, but most who come here the first time know little more than what their computer says on the front of the case, and would be hard pressed to remember what the outside of the box that the computer came in even listed as their system's specifications.

While it would be optimum for people to post their system's specs and components, to actually think that it will happen is sheer folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom