Post your SuperPi 1M Times

Well Im guessing you know what the FSB is. If you dont
clock speed = FSB x Multiplyer
Well say your FSB is at 250mhz. Well you can run a divider so your memory is only running at 200mhz. If you arent running a divider your memory speed will equal your FSB. Your BIOS will have preset dividers you can use.

My RAM isn't overclocking RAM either... But I may mess around with it one of these days! :D

amish kid: ok. i wasnt familiar with the option of the divider. do know about the whole multiplyer stuff.

Zaki said:
amish kid: ok. i wasnt familiar with the option of the divider. do know about the whole multiplyer stuff.
The multiplyer is really simple. When you go in your bios there will somthing called a CPU ratio or somthing like that. For yours I think its set at 12 as default Im not sure though. Then to figure out your clock speed its
multiplyer x FSB

X800 said:
well what cpu do you have. This is what your looking at

If you have a celeron D than your ok, but if its a p4 like 2ghz p4 than there is somthing wrong.

btw.

All celeron d's when overclocked there around the 50s in Super PI with 1MB test. The resion why is becuase of the stage pipelines, and the lower cache
No, I have an Athlon XP 2600+ with 512 mb of crappy ram. I expected it to be slower than that to tell you the truth...lol

I get 42.460 with nothing overclocked, might have to try this next week as I am gonna reformat and clean the system up somewhat as I am getting popups galore, anyway the puter is doing what I ask of it, so I am happy

My lappy got 1m22.829s (rember its 2 years old tho... lol)

all stock settings, havnt done anything to it (apart from drop it plenty of times)

Back
Top Bottom