Post your recommended free/shareware OSX apps!

^ Yeah the new Spotlight in Yosemite has replaced Alfred for me. Works about the same :tongue:

Re: Post recommended OSX free/shareware apps here!

If my Mac had an SSD Spotlight would be much more useful.

I like many built-in apps and also third party applications to grab the best performance from my Macbook Pro...Few of my favorites are here
Launch Bar,
iCal,
iTunes,
Stellar Drive Clone
Clear Dock
Multi-Functional Drive toolbox for mac optimization…..:cool:

There's a company that actually customizes and develops whatever kind of app you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone mentioned easeus mac data recovery freeware?
Found it on download.cnet
This one appears to work, is fairly straightforward, and completely free.

I tend to avoid anything cNET/Download.com related these days, because it seems like they try and push their own form of malware out onto people.

I use bleepingcomputer for all of my tools now. CNET loaded up with a bunch of junk several years ago. Like Carnage, I only use CNET if I have to and I don't necessarily have to!!

Sorry> Meaning, click here to download this tool (on CNET) and if you are not paying attention you will click "accept", "accept", "accept" and will have a bunch of junk on your machine.

Sorry> Meaning, click here to download this tool (on CNET) and if you are not paying attention you will click "accept", "accept", "accept" and will have a bunch of junk on your machine.

Pretty much what I was alluding to when I said "their own form of malware" :p.

Back
Top Bottom