Post Pics Of Indigenous life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
post pics of animals native to your area (however many you want)

here's something from kansas:

cows.jpg

we call these cows... they roam free across the plains and eat grass

and here's a box turtle...

turtleOrnateBox.jpg

(I wanna see some kangaroo's)

hornets.jpg

Hornets, i cant stand them :(

You cant get bit by them, because they're poisonous.

I've had to kill 3 nests already, in the past 2 weeks, with running water from a hose

Hornets are often (although wrongly) thought to be very aggressive and dangerous, and are much feared by some people. Hornets can actually be seen to slowly crawl backwards and eventually flee, rather than attacking, when approaching them. This can make it hard to remove hornets from indoors, if they happen to come in through an open window or door. Some folk beliefs have it that three stings from the European hornet can kill an adult human, and that seven can kill a horse. While impressive due to their size, European hornets are in fact much less aggressive than some of their smaller relatives (notably the yellowjackets Vespula germanica and Vespula vulgaris), and their sting isn't more dangerous. Unwarranted fear has often led to the destruction of nests, and the species is locally threatened. It benefits from legal protection in some countries, notably Germany.

Hornets are not harmless, however. They have a painful sting and can cause anaphylactic shock to persons with an allergy to wasp venom, a condition which can be fatal. While not aggressive when encountered far from the nest, workers will vigorously defend the nest if provoked.

red kangaroo
red.kangaroo1.jpg

most of the time they aren't aggressive
though these guys can be pretty tough, and sometimes a bit territorial (males)

platypus:
platypus.jpg

bit of a strange creature. it's a mammal that swims, lays eggs, and has a duck's bill

*edit*

dingo:
dingo.jpg

these guys used to be hunted a lot, but not so much now.

Koala:
koala.gif

they look cute and cuddly, but they do have sharp claws

Wombat:
wombat.jpg

usually pretty friendly, though sometimes a bit shy

Echidna:
echidna.jpg

these guys are ant eaters. and, you wouldn't want one in your bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom