Possibly Windows related issue- no one can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

That is how you do a repair install on your c drive. You can still do it to your c drive then delete the windows install on your f drive. but, if you have xp home you need to get your hands on a xp home disk.

you may need to repair your boot loader.

Have patience. You are costing yourself extra time and headaches by not waiting just a bit.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-install-xp-without-xp-cd-156805/

Coming from someone who is a Beta tester officially for Microsoft, never assume that the software is good enough that it wont cause issues. I used Win7 back when it first was released to us testers and I thought that it was decent, but it wasnt without its fair share of issues. Same goes for everything i have tested. I am running Office 2010 and have at least 25 bug tickets in. Let me tell you that it took me almost a month and a lot of troubleshooting to get the Technical Beta off and the Beta on and working properly.

So never think that because it is a Blizzard program that it cant be problematic. There is a reason they released a Beta. To test it out on various machines and see how it reacts with the stuff they run rather than in the control of their office with their limited contact with the massive amount of programs out there in the world.

Be patient and let us help you before you lose everything and cost yourself more time.

Both of you are correct, I was far too hasty. It's smacked me in the bum more than a few times. DO NOT think that your help was not appreciated, please! It was abundantly useful and will ensure that nothing like this can happen to me again.

Ultimately I did an overwrite install (accidentally) from the Windows XP Professional SP3 dvd and I'm using my computer fine now it's just that most of my installs will need some redoing.

Since I'd always been wanting to get Windows 7 64bit I felt that this was a good time so a friend of mine is helping me obtain that. I was able to get everything I was worried about losing off my C drive so I can simply wipe the whole partition. I have familiarized myself with the things you have posted for me and will definitely keep them close at hand.

I lost all my bookmarks from the last year or so though, that sucks. I had a lot of Ventrilo info also. I rewrote some things in the installations for StarCraft 2, Aion and League of Legends and they play just fine (load super fast too).

In any case, thanks both very much for your time. I hope the transition to windows 7 won't be too annoying (even though it is bad, I can't just get a copy of Vista to upgrade to and then go to 7, I just have to remove xp I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom