Possible Virus

Kasakull

Beta member
So recently my computer has been going haywire and it's really aggravating. I have had the computer for about 4 months and I purchased from Cyberpowerpc.com. It all started to happen randomly about 2 weeks ago. I got off the computer after doing normal things and left the computer idle for about 20mins. I went back and noticed that the screen was black but an illuminated black. I restarted the computer by pressing the power button (nothing work, ie Cnt+alt+dlt). After it came back, everything was ok. It happened again about 1 week ago. I did the same thing and it was fine. But last night, I kept hearing the fans going berserk and the screen was checkered in black and grey. I shut off the computer and it was fine again. But now today when I first got on, it went completely white after about 2 mins of using the computer. I shut it down and it worked fine but then the cursor started to constantly load. It stays like this for a while and only goes away after I use the computer for about 5 mins. I installed Avast and Malewarebytes after some friends recommended them. I did a boot scan and Avast found 2 Trojans. Of course I deleted both and re ran the scan to double check (2nd time it was clean). I then ran a full scan on Windows Defender, Bitedefender, and Avast. All of them came with 2-3 errors which I fixed then double check, all of which came back clean again. Then when I went to close Avast (the mouse was still loading at this time), I couldn't close any program. I tried cnt alt delete and it didn't work. The computer then started to go white again which I manually restarted.

Now that's all done, every time I log onto my computer Command Prompt briefly opens and closes at the beginning, also Cnt Alt Delete doesn't work. I'm very frustrated and have tried about everything, also Malewarebyte came back with 6 errors that I cleaned then double checked. All my drivers are updated and I can't do a system restore cause it says I have anti-virus programs up, which I shut off before attempting but doesn't seem to help.

My computer specs are:
Intel i7 3960
ASUS IV Rampage Xtreme
Radeon HD 7970
240 GB SSD with a 2 TB normal HD
16 GB Corsair Dominator RAM
All cooled with a water coolant system

My computer seems to be cooled fine too as the temperatures are normal.

Update: Whenever the mouse stops loading, that's when the computer is about to fail. The toolbar at the bottom becomes unusable, and when I click the start, it won't go away and the computer starts to freeze up and eventually, the whole background is white and the start bar is gone. All that's left is the desktop icons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the first problem I see is that you have 3 anti-infection programs installed. Avast, BitDefender and Windows Defender. You never want more than one as they will conflict and the system will act as it is now. 1 program will say it is an infection while another one wont and the system will go crazy cause it will not know which program is right and cause you grief.

So pick 1.

System Restore has nothing to do at all with an anti-virus program being installed or not. You can do it with one installed, but the 3 of them combined is causing you issues.

Again, remove all but 1 and then come back after you try some things. Like MBAM and SUPER antiapyware scans.

I would personally recommend the FREE version of Avast because, in my experience, it's the best heuristic anti-virus software and is what my company installs on all fresh OS reloads. And as KSoD said it WILL conflict with other antivirus software and the resulting conflict can appear like a nasty virus infection.

I had a reliable source tell me that it was probably a virus in my directory. I reinstalled widows and started clean. I havnt noticed any problem until I downloaded the Razer Synapse 2.0 and then the probably happened again last night after I left my computer idle for about 3 hours. I have now turned on te screensaver and what not and only have one anti virus software (Norton 360). I'm wondering if its a virus on the Razer driver because I still can't get the synapse downloaded and my mouse (Razer Naga) stays turned on even when the computers off ie it still does a color change.

I have now turned on te screensaver and what not and only have one anti virus software (Norton 360).

In all honesty I would never recommend Norton.
Did you do a factory restore with an OEM disk that came with your computer?
Did you completely remove all partitioned drives when you did the reload?

I use the disk that I wa given with my computer. I'm only using norton cause my gf has 2 more codes for it. I also use the driver disk they have me to reinstall drivers. The computer worked fine or about a week and last night when I wa watching tv I heard the fans speed up really fast for about 2 seconds and realized the problem was back. The screen was grey and when I turned the computer off then back on the fans were very loud for about 15 seconds before going back to normal.

If we assume a virus isn't causing the problems you described I can recommend two alternatives to fixing the issue:
Are your video drivers up to date? The issue you're describing sounds like something that could very easily be resolved by updating your GPU's drivers.
If so I'd recommend opening your PC's case and ensuring the graphics card, and RAM are seated properly.

Back
Top Bottom