Possible vbulletin update

Our attempt at member sponsoring went rather badly and resulted in several members leaving and or getting the boot.
My suggestion would be to have the members that want to help out PM David and get his paypal info. And to cap the donation at $5.00usd per person. Do it this way with the understanding like joga said that it buys you no special privileges or preferential treatment.
Matter of fact just keep the whole thing on the QT.

I think he means 'even if it didn't have css'

What do you mean by CSS? Is he referring to Cascading Style Sheets?
Indeed

Why wouldn't we?
Was just simply stating that if the forum came down say....
A forum that was only black text on a white background.
I wouldn't mind, as long as it still worked. (new threads, posting, etc)

But then what happens if a donating member steps out of line, they would be most annoyed if they were banned

Take donations from established members the kind who don't get banned, the kind who are here because they love to be here. If someone gets banned it's always for a good reason aint it

I agree. I suppose you could make it so you need 500+ to 1000+ posts before you could donate.
I would be happy to throw $10, $20 bucks at ya. Especially for the website.

Edit: just read some of the other posts. I see your points, but I think if we make it anon and/or make sure they understand there is NO special treatment. Then we should be good.

I hold up most respect for most of the members on this forum.
I would not want special treatment from anyone, I only want you to be another human being, and treat me as I have treated you.

I'd be happy to donate, this is a great site and if it's going to help it to be better then I'm game. I've donated to forums before, no big deal.

David, just specify that donating to the site does not mean you will get preferential treatment in any way, that should cover you. No need to feel guilty about banning a donating member, they probably deserved it.

I'd be happy to donate, this is a great site and if it's going to help it to be better then I'm game. I've donated to forums before, no big deal.

David, just specify that donating to the site does not mean you will get preferential treatment in any way, that should cover you. No need to feel guilty about banning a donating member, they probably deserved it.

You know. We could just not keep track of who donated. :D
But yes I agree I would be happy to donate as well.

Back
Top Bottom