Possible to swap platters between two hard drives?

Yeah, when I saw a class 10, I thought to myself how it could be possible to be dirty, but yet again, some of us can manage to keep rooms clean enough, but never to match that type of class.

I had it reversed. I thought the more higher the number was, the better.

Thanks! Depends on what standard you look at, we have either a class 10 or a class 3 cleanroom at Intel. I'll definitely try an identical drive, but first I have to find one. Isn't too old, I don't think, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

10 particles maximum per cubic foot of air is pretty clean. I'm pretty sure hard drives are made in class 100 cleanrooms, so I think I'll be fine, provided that the platters work correctly.

I "dented" the side with the circuit board, not the metal cover over the platters, so I think it's a controller issue. I might try swapping the boards first, then take the things to work to do a full swap if needed. But it could be the alignment because some sectors are readable and some aren't, but again if it's a controller issue that could also be why it reads here and there.

Back
Top Bottom