Possible to have vista on two comps?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok, so is it possible to have vista on two computers? I don't want to have to use cracks and hacks. Can't i just activate both and say i just reformated my computer? I remember my dad doing this with XP and it worked. Just wondering, cause me and my bro want to go half and half on vista.

No, it isn't, sadly. You get one key per copy. Kind of sucks, on XP you could have 5 keys per copy. Oh well...

actually with xp you can install the same key on 3 computers without having any problems.. Vista on the other hand was created so it could not be pirated, or at least harder to pirate. Microsoft made the install config to only allow a registration of one computer because as you register it with microsoft, it saves your computers mac address so it can not be installed onto another computer. You can reformat without a problem as long as you are using the same computer.

Your actually allowed to transfer the licence once. Heres a little snippet of an article about it. With Windows Vista, the EULA has been clarified. It now explicitly states that a user may "reassign the [Windows Vista] license to another device one time." This, the pundits say, is a huge restriction that wasn't present in Windows XP. Many people incorrectly believe this to be the case.

There seems to be alot of confusion over licencing on here recently, so heres an article that should clear it up.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_licensing.asp

Back
Top Bottom