possible or no?

mtech123

Beta member
i just bought a new computer and i was wondering if i could take my old hd from my old computer and put it in my new computer.

You could definitely use it as a slave, granted you have the proper hookups on the inside. To use it as the main hard drive, you would need to reinstall the drivers for the new computer, plus licenses on some software may invalidate themselves because they are written based on the current hardware at the time of the installation.

i just bought a new computer and i was wondering if i could take my old hd from my old computer and put it in my new computer.
Yes you absolutely can. Just set the jumper on the drive to the "slave" setting and install it in the case and connect the gray ribbon cable and an empty power connection and you're ready to rock.

Yes you absolutely can. Just set the jumper on the drive to the "slave" setting and install it in the case and connect the gray ribbon cable and an empty power connection and you're ready to rock.

sorry but im really new at this but umm do i need to install drivers for it if its a slave drive? also what do you mean by empty power connection? do i need to buy wires for that?

Back
Top Bottom