Possible new configuration

the gtx260 is out of production, which is never a good thing imo

and putting together a computer is really easy, just watch a vid off youtube or soemthing, Or we, if you want, can give you chronological bullet points as what to do

the gtx260 is out of production, which is never a good thing imo

and putting together a computer is really easy, just watch a vid off youtube or soemthing, Or we, if you want, can give you chronological bullet points as what to do

Thanks for the info about the gtx260 and also for your perspective and offer to help guide a build.

I have a few ideas in mind that I won't bore anyone with right now, but regardless of the path I take I sincerely appreciate the responses to my original post as they've been very helpful to me.

Thanks,
Paul

It's been about 10 days since my last post and I wanted to post a follow up on my situation as well as a very heartfelt thank you.

With some modifications based on suggestions from mainly here I pieced together my system and had a Microcenter build it for me for $125. Yes, I know that I didn't take the DIY route that so many here advocate, but this was a time sensitive situation and I didn't want to spend the time moving up the learning curve on what was going to be a work computer for me.

In closing, I truly want to thank everyone who offered their help. Based on that I'm sure that other forum regulars would have chimed in also had my questions continued and this had led to my confidence to rising enough to undertake a build/upgrade in the nearish future with my old machine. To the extent time allows, I plan on playing with my old box to upgrade it and gain an understanding of the actual process.

Again, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom