Possible mirroring?

homeflash

Beta member
I have 2 projectors left and right and one desktop pc with two monitors (extended)

Is it possible to mirror my desktop extended display to my 2 (left and right )projectors so that it looks like 2 extended displays?

I tried to do, but failed even with some video splitter.

Any one has solution

Can I just confirm that you essentially want your primary desktop on your monitor and your extended desktop mirrored onto 2 projectors?

Which only gives you 2 desktops but the extended desktop is displayed twice?

There should be no reason you can't do this with a splitter?

Can you let us know what connections etc you have.

What connections do you have on the back of your graphics card and what connections does your monitor and 2 x projectors have~?

In the back of my video cards, I have 2 dvi and one hdmi, and I even had hdmi video splitter for the projectors.

Logically, I thought it would work too. However, I have not seen anyone who has this kind of set up. When I tried it, and it is not letting me do it.

I wonder if anyone actually has this kind of set up in reality. By guessing that it would work was just like what I did before I did it. When I actually set up, i found it impossible. I searched somewhere on the net saying video splitter will only clone identical image, display, not extended display.

The closest device I found was dualhead2go which is 1 to 2, but I want something like 2 to 2, extended display to extended display.

So do you want:

Projector 1: Image A
Monitor 1: Image A
Monitor 2: Image B
Projector 2: Image B

Did you try:
DVI 1 output>DVI splitter>projector & monitor 1
DVI 2 output>DVI splitter>projector & monitor 2

If that's not want you want, then do you want 4 extended displays - where each display can show something different? In that case you'll need a top end video card or 2 mid level video cards in SLI/Crossfire.

Tried and somehow the splitter does not work. The question really is .. has anyone tried a set up like that. Currently, my video card only has one HDMI port and one dvi, one vga card while the projectors has two hdmi outputs. I need to use the splitter to try to accomplish this task, but somehow it does not work.

Let me just rephrase that..

Extended display with The video splitter I tried will end up like the following

Destkop : 1,1
Projector: 2,2

I can never get it going to desktop 1,2 and projector 1,2

If I use a converter (dvi to hdmi) to split from dvi, that also does not work, because both monitor/projectors are not the same. It just can't split the signal and if it did (i have just tried with 1 montior and 1 projector to see if it can split different signal), the resolution is minimal.

The high end card you mentioned... I found from Amazon.
which has 2 HDMI CARD AND TWO DVI ports. I am not sure if that one will work with 2 sets of monitors/projectors/displays.

Any idea?

Last edited:
I still don't understand what you want to show on each monitor and each projector. Maybe I'm just a moron and not understanding but could you indicate this in a fashion similar to what I did?

Indicate what image you want to show on what device. That way we have a better idea of what will/won't work.
Projector 1: Image ?
Monitor 1: Image ?
Monitor 2: Image ?
Projector 2: Image ?

Basically what your post before was what I want..

PCs - Left -Image A , Right - Image B
Projector - Left - Image A, Right - Image B

That is a true mirroring.

But the HDMI splitter will end up

Projector - Left - Image B, Right B (identical)

Because of the fact that it splits same signal. I don't think there is a way to split signal into different display, for example (split one Projector B to PC B). I have tried, the resolution is very bad. (not worth trying another set together - Well, I don't have enough converters anyway)

Do you know what I mean in this sense, when it splits.. it has to split the same sort of display.

A single output coming out of the video card can not display two images. It just doesn't work that way. You need to use 2 outputs to be able to show two different images.

However you should be able to hook it up like I said, where you come out of one of the ports on the video card and split it between the left Monitor and Projector. Then come out of another port on the video card and split it between the right Monitor and Projector.

You may have to buy additional splitters or cables, but this should work. I can't test to verify, but since the video card is cable of displaying two images, there no reason to think that setting it up like this won't work. It also will require the projectors and monitors to have the appropriate inputs.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

DVI out of video card > DVI splitter > DVI into left projector and left monitor
VGA out of video card > VGA splitter > VGA into right projector and right monitor

(this is assuming you're video card has DVI/VGA ports - which I think you said previously that it does. it's also assuming that the monitors and projectors have the appropriate inputs)

Back
Top Bottom