Port forwarding issues

OwlXIozee

Beta member
Hi everyone, I'm having some major issues with port forwarding and I was hoping someone here could help.

So details are:
I'm trying to forward 25565 for minecraft, and I've even just attempted port 80 just to see if I could get it to register as open on the Open Port Check Tool site.

I am running Avast, and Windows Firewall, with exceptions for inbound and outbound traffic on port 25565. I have even disabled both firewalls simultaneously and it still showed up as closed.

I am running on a Cisco Linksys E12000 model behind a Hitron CVE-30360 modem.
I have successfully forwarded this port in the past on this router for another ISP in the past.

My ISP is Kabel Deutschland, the best provider off-base here in Germany. I haven't been able to confirm with them yet but by doing some research most people are saying that they don't block any ports.

The modem is weird in the fact that it's also a router and is supposed to have a forwarding option in the settings, according to portfoward.com. however it's not there. The only option listed is Host Port.

No matter what steps I take my friends cannot connect to my server and the Open Port Check Tool ALWAYS registers EVERY port closed, no matter what steps I take.

I hope you guys can help, this is extremely irritating. :mad:

UPDATE: I just used the ShieldsUP! Port tester tool and it shows all of my ports as stealthed. Does this mean it has to be my ISP, or could it be my modem or router?

Last edited:
How many computers/devices do you have on your network? If you have less then 4, then you do not need the E1200.

Remove the E1200 and connect direct to the 3030 modum.

As for port forwarding, log into the modum and look up IP firewall, port forward.

Look in your manual, or if you do not have one, you can get one on line.

Follow the directions for doing a port forward.

Back
Top Bottom