Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
View Image Before Posting.

image32451tt0.png

What do you think your looking at?

Point: Thats Hubbles Deep Field View, Each point of light is a single Galaxy.
Now my question: Now that you know, how insignificant do you think our planet is?

If you don't believe me Ill zoom up to a single Point near the Center of the Screen.

images123vd4.png

The Program I am using is Starry Night Pro 4.0.5 .

But noone wants to answer my question?

"Now my question: Now that you know, how insignificant do you think our planet is?"

Ill reword it, how insignificant do you think humanity is?

This reminds me of the device in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy that makes you go insane because it shows you how small of a part of the entire universe you are.

Ste said:
Ill reword it, how insignificant do you think humanity is?

Compared to the vastness of the cosmos out there? We're infinitesimally small. Does that make me feel bad or pointless? Of course not. You just have to accept that there are bigger, older, and greater things than yourself. You must come to realize that you are here, even if by mere accident or chance, and that means that you have a little place in this sea of emptiness. And it's our job to make it worth the while :).

Albert Einstein put it in better words than I could possibly do:

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

Meithan said:
Compared to the vastness of the cosmos out there? We're infinitesimally small. Does that make me feel bad or pointless? Of course not. You just have to accept that there are bigger, older, and greater things than yourself. You must come to realize that you are here, even if by mere accident or chance, and that means that you have a little place in this sea of emptiness. And it's our job to make it worth the while :).

Albert Einstein put it in better words than I could possibly do:

Yup, Im definitly opposite of your opinion.
I believe the universe is far to vast for anything done in this solar system to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom