pls help!

me

Solid State Member
Hello,
I have just brought a new computer and have the old one which I cant install a cdwriter because lack of space. I know it has a network card on but dont know how to get it to work, so does any1 know where I should start on trying to get it to work...

Second question;
Another option, Im not sure it'll work (thats y ill ask you peeps) Could it be possible to take the old HD and put/install it onto the new computer without wiping the drive first? can this be done? If not, what do I need to do it.

my system atm; 233mhz with 9gb of HD, 64mb ram and running windows 95.
new system; 3.2ghz, with 320gb of HD, 1gb of ram and running windows XP

Thanx for any help!

Chris

Network cards: Usualy you slip them in, you install the drivers (Cd or default windows ones). Then you plug your Cat5 cable in their and you got you network/internet.

As for the HDD: Yes you can put it in your new pc. Make sure you have your current pc hard drive jumpers as cable select and put you new hard drive in the master position and the old in slave position. Or just set the jumpers master/slave.

Hope i helped :D

Hi there, email me at pcdoctormillennia@yahoo.co.uk and I can help you more. But for now just follow below: -

Set your 320GB HDD as a master HDD and take all jumpers (little black bits) out of your 9GB, put them both in the new machine and boot up. Then copy all files needed from the old HDD to the new one as the old one will make your machine pretty clow as the speed of those hard drives are very slow indeed.

Thanx for both the replies, ill follow the instructions youve given me, hopefully it'll all work

So I wont need any installment cd's for the new HD?

Thanx again!

Chris

me said:
Thanx for both the replies, ill follow the instructions youve given me, hopefully it'll all work

So I wont need any installment cd's for the new HD?

Thanx again!

Chris
No cd's but whow,good luck with present advice.
;)

what do you mean by "good luck with present advice" "bluto"

I am a fully qualified IT Technician and I know what I am talking about

sorry, i meant total ive got 320gb of space, its actually two drives..so if i either disconnect the other slave drive or if there's room plug in the new drive, still set as a another slave, it will work?

sorry if it seems im asking the same question again, i dnt want to mess up anything..this drive has a fair bit of music lol :) and i definitly dont need any installations cd's..

Thanx again,

Chris

me said:
Hello,
I have just brought a new computer and have the old one which I cant install a cdwriter because lack of space. I know it has a network card on but dont know how to get it to work, so does any1 know where I should start on trying to get it to work...

Second question;
Another option, Im not sure it'll work (thats y ill ask you peeps) Could it be possible to take the old HD and put/install it onto the new computer without wiping the drive first? can this be done? If not, what do I need to do it.

my system atm; 233mhz with 9gb of HD, 64mb ram and running windows 95.
new system; 3.2ghz, with 320gb of HD, 1gb of ram and running windows XP

Thanx for any help!

Chris
Yes make it "secondary Master".but install Windows on the new one first as Primary master.Configure evrything in working order,Then plug in the old drive and it should be D or E etc.You can then delete what you don't need like W95.
Tip:partition 320 and transfer old 9gb files to the new partition eg: D E F etc.
Remove and put away in tin foil old 9gb.
;)

Primary and Windows should be C

Back
Top Bottom