Please somebody help me!!!

Desertrat76

Beta member
I bought a Gateway tower from Best buy in Feb. It came with Vista on it, I didnt want Vista but decided to give it a try. It sucks, doesnt work with my cameras or printer and there is no drivers on ANY websites. I went out and bought XP to put on my computer after many different people told me I could install it no problem-LIARS!!! I try booting from the disk and it does not pull up any hard drives to install into and pulls up error after error. I have tried Microsoft and Gateway but they are useless. I work two jobs and dont have time to sit there and BS with them. Can anybody PLEASE help me. Did i waste they cash for XP or can it be done. Someone told me if I format the drive it will work but didnt tell me how to format it.

You may have to load the drivers for your harddrives from a floppy. When the XP install starts it says press F6 to load any additional scsi/sata drivers you have to do that. You can find the drivers from the manufacturers website.

My computer doesnt even have a floppy drive. Can i put the driver on a CD and install it from that? How do i install it when booting from the XP CD? Do i pull the XP CD out and insert the driver CD? Thank you for the help so far. its more help than the tech support already.

No it needs to be a floppy, I also tried using a CD before but when you remove the XP install disc it freezes, also the driver will only load on a floppy.

You could do that if your new computer has a floppy drive connector on the motherboard

when i first installed ubuntu, i had trouble because it didnt boot automaticly, so i had to set me cd drive before my hdd. after that i restarted the computer and it booted up fine

Chris

Back
Top Bottom