Please settle a Star Wars argument!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Star Wars; Was it set in the past or the future? We have been arguing this for weeks (not continuously) and it is growing tiresome.

Can anyone find conclusive evidence to say for either of these (apart from the Wiki one.)

I think it was set in the far far far future, and is talking about the past (so still in the far far future.) The person I am arguing it with says it is being narrated in our present and happened in our past.

Trif.

So someone in the far far far far future can't be talking about something in the far far past?

Which would be our far far future...?

You idiot it was set in the past, why else would it say a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...?

Technically, it was on the other side of the galaxy, which in turn would be on the other side of the space time continium, which would mean its our far far future, their far far past. Think of the galaxy as a spiraling semicircle mirrored with another semicircle, time is flipped at the other side of the circle, so the closer you get to the center, the closer you get to where the two time continuims meet, therefore creating a super black hole. Thats why the center of the universe is a black hole and everything is slowly creeping towards the middle of it. Eventually, everything, even starwars, will end. The only thing that will be left will be long lost terrabyte hard drives with reccords of everything ever said, and all knowledge and tech savvyness alike, ever presented on tech forums. That way when the universe ends and the blackhole collapses and new beings are created, they will have to power of tech forums to create their society on, and trotter and DMO will likely be gods,And they will have to go fold for protein, in order to generate a power source strong enough in order to sustain their life.
So there you Have it, Your Conclusive evidence*backslash*\speculation....

Technically, it was on the other side of the galaxy, which in turn would be on the other side of the space time continium, which would mean its our far far future, their far far past. Think of the galaxy as a spiraling semicircle mirrored with another semicircle, time is flipped at the other side of the circle, so the closer you get to the center, the closer you get to where the two time continuims meet, therefore creating a super black hole. Thats why the center of the universe is a black hole and everything is slowly creeping towards the middle of it. Eventually, everything, even starwars, will end. The only thing that will be left will be long lost terrabyte hard drives with reccords of everything ever said, and all knowledge and tech savvyness alike, ever presented on tech forums. That way when the universe ends and the blackhole collapses and new beings are created, they will have to power of tech forums to create their society on, and trotter and DMO will likely be gods,And they will have to go fold for protein, in order to generate a power source strong enough in order to sustain their life.
So there you Have it, Your Conclusive evidence*backslash*\speculation....

are you nuts? thats not how galaxies work at all! we dont know what the center of the universe is like and there is no single point of reference in Einsteins universe anyways, because everything is moving away from everything else there is now way to tell. the center of a galaxy is a dormant super massive black hole, this has already been proven by astronomers. Now i cant imagine where you are getting space time continuum from but there is no universal time due to the incredible distances involved.

physics aside the story is being told to US and since Lucas is using the past tense for telling it to us the logical deduction is that it happened in the apst relative to mankind. Citing the age of the universe i cant see why there wouldn't be a far more advanced civilization somewhere amongst the quadrillion plus stars in the universe. It only makes sense. Some advice stop arguing about when it happened and argue about more important stuff that affects you!

are you nuts? thats not how galaxies work at all! we dont know what the center of the universe is like and there is no single point of reference in Einsteins universe anyways, because everything is moving away from everything else there is now way to tell. the center of a galaxy is a dormant super massive black hole, this has already been proven by astronomers. Now i cant imagine where you are getting space time continuum from but there is no universal time due to the incredible distances involved.

physics aside the story is being told to US and since Lucas is using the past tense for telling it to us the logical deduction is that it happened in the apst relative to mankind. Citing the age of the universe i cant see why there wouldn't be a far more advanced civilization somewhere amongst the quadrillion plus stars in the universe. It only makes sense. Some advice stop arguing about when it happened and argue about more important stuff that affects you!

DUDE, i was only kidding, duh...sitting in physcology bored makes me do stuff like this :p haha....your as gullible as the japanese who thought the poodles were sheep.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom