Please review my website

karl_ranseier

Solid State Member
Hi,

I hope I am in the right forum to get some feedback about my website.
the url is sysunity [dot] com

On my website you can create a profile page about your computer. CPU-Z helps to gather information about your hardware thereby it takes less than a minute to create a simple PC profile.
Once the profile is created, you can add pictures of you pc/laptop to your profile and generate forum signature banners which show your current hardware and lead to your profile page where visitors can view and rate and comment (only when registered) your profile.

I am currently working on a "profile of the week" feature to reward people with the best profile of the week (based on ratings). but its not finished yet.

What do you think about my website? What can be improved? Any features missing?

Thanks in advance
Christoph

Dont take this the wrong way, but what is the draw of such a website? I mean with all the social media out there where people can easily share this information what would draw them to your website over posting their pictures on Facebook, G+, So.cl, or any other social media site and using CPUz themselves to get the information they want. They can already reach everyone in the world this way and they are established sites.

Then there are of course sites that are dedicated to hardware that have forums where people do this as well. So there has to be something that draws people to your site. A site that is focused on sharing your setup is nothing new and something that can already be done on countless other sites. In order for websites to be a success they have to be unique and offer something that people cant get anywhere else or would only want to get from your site.

Our site has topics on such things already here. I have shared my setup, via my signature, for everyone to see what parts I am running. I have uploaded pics of my setup to the forum and various other sites as well. People would only have to search my username to find this information already on the web. So you have to find that thing that will draw people to your site instead of [H]ard forums or the social sites. The ability to setup a hardware profile is not enough to get people away from social media.

K is right. Look at some of these other websites that are first page on google. They have custom everything from background to URL to meta key words. And they also have people on their side. The more a site is visited the further up in the rankings it goes. Pretty simple but the site also has to have something interesting or something that will make people come to your site only and no one elses.

May be need some better navigation in header and footer with some pages like About Us/ About etc.

I like the idea of sharing and comparing systems with other people.
Why is the link to about page at the bottom? You can place it at the header menu for better navigation just like varindia stated.
Make the sharing options more visible and even better, have a link or feed to your facebook page and twitter account.
Have animation for random profile and profile of the week.
That's all I could think and good luck on your website ^^

Back
Top Bottom