Please please please please HELP me. :|

Stakken

Beta member
I am seriously on the razor's edge right now. I am more pissed off than I have ever been before, I'm trying not to display my anger in my post because I need help urgently.

Problem:
I have a Linksys WRT54G, which is currently routed using this computer.
  • The 'CISCO Systems' image is lit up as orange (I don't know what that means)
  • The power indicator is lit up and green.
  • The WLAN indicator is lit up and green.
  • Ethernet port #1 is lit up and green (this computer)
  • The internet indicator is lit up and green

Additionally...
  • My PCI card is compatible with my router.
  • All drivers are installed.
  • All antennas are connected.
  • WEP/WPA disabled.
  • SSID broadcast enabled.
  • Both my router and PCI card are brand new and in immaculate condition

The computers WERE on different stories before, but now I've put them about 5 feet away from each other and still no luck. :/

My PCI card can't find my router or get any signal, I don't know what to do. I have never networked before and I am pretty much lost. Please help, I will send a few bucks (via Paypal) to the first person that can help me out.
I AM DESPERATE. :/

Have you tried removing the PCMCIA card and plugging back in? Have you bumped the card with anything since it's been installed? Do you have more than one slot?

some of the anger is coming through, just don't do what one of my customers did. He asked me what to do, so i said jokingly "kick the computer"
it was too late when i realized he was not joking and really kicked the pc. It went flying. ...sorry i digressed. Some pcmcia cards you need to have them stopped by windows before removing, should be an icon in the icon tray to the left of the time... it says for safe removal, don't know if just ejecting the pcmcia card "hot" will damage the notebook or slot.

did this setup ever work ? you may just need to reset your wireless router, which if done you will lose your settings.

Back
Top Bottom