Please, please help me........PLEASE

jordancorey

Solid State Member
Hi can someone please help me. I have just put a usb 2 (pci) card in my pc today. I have then added my packard bell external HD (250g). now when i open my pictures on this hard drive they are all gone.....Just a file named hun08^01.hpg i have clicked on it to search the web but to no success. How can i get my photos back.If i try and copy a new photo into the folder it says ' cannot copy untitled:the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable.'

Please please help as I have loads of photos of my kids that I want back

Hi, i have just clicked on this file and opened it with 'windows picture and fax viewer' and its just a photo. But where are the rest....

jordancorey said:
Hi can someone please help me. I have just put a usb 2 (pci) card in my pc today. I have then added my packard bell external HD (250g). now when i open my pictures on this hard drive they are all gone.....Just a file named hun08^01.hpg i have clicked on it to search the web but to no success. How can i get my photos back.If i try and copy a new photo into the folder it says ' cannot copy untitled:the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable.'

Please please help as I have loads of photos of my kids that I want back

When you try to copy a file into your external Hard drive it says this (cannot copy untitled:the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable.')

thats not a good sign..

I would try a utility on it such as *getdataback*

you can get it at download.com or google.com

But just for grins try another USB port and try to access the Drive.

Are you sure you didnt format it, you should be able to see your files.

Hi, i have tried another usb port but still the same. and no i didn't format it, everything else is on the harddrive but its the photos that i wanted to keep most of all. I will google for that now. thanks for the help

When you try to copy a file into your external Hard drive it says this (cannot copy untitled:the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable.')

IS that correct?

If other files are showing, can you access those??

are you sure you copied the pictures??

Since you added more USB connections to put the USB hard drive into, I'm guessing something is wrong with that, or its not installed right into the system, as that is whats sending the data from the harddrive to the computer in the first place.

Yea you can easily find this out by plugging the External HDD in another Computer and checking for the Files

Goto computer management and take a look at the HDD there, post what it says about the drive. And have a look in device manager aswell, is there anything wrong there?

Hi, i have tried it back in the other usb 1 port and it is still the same. the other folders on it seems fine, only my photos. I have checked device manager and it all seems fine as far as i can tell

That is strange... I can't really specifiy what the problem could be, except maybe you corrupted the files while moving them somehow, or not shutting off the external HD properly by first ejecting it first.

Back
Top Bottom