Please I Need Help!!

wildcardenforcer

Beta member
I have a Seagate 1TB Model SRD0SP0 external hard drive. I just got it 6 months ago.

There are two folders on the drive that have several .sub .idx. and .srt files (subtitles) in them. I am unable to delete any of them because when I attempt to it says error 0x80070570 The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. There are a LOT of other files on the drive so I can't just wipe it (it's my backup and extra storage so I can't move everything that's not corrupt to my computer and wipe the drive)

I have no desire to fix these files, I JUST WANT THEM GONE. PLEASE how do I get rid of them??????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank you sooooooo much for any help!!!!

Why can't you delete a corrupt file? If it's "corrupt" shouldn't you be able to just get rid of it?

If it's any help, every time I plug it into my computer it says "would you like to scan and fix there might be a problem with some files on the device or disc"

I Click "Scan and fix (recommended)" and another widow pops up "check disk options with two check boxes. I check both and hit scan. The progress bar does nothing and the window disappears and I'm able to open the hard drive like normal with everything still there and the stupid corrupt files are still there.

Last edited:
Perhaps. Can you run chkdsk on the drive from the command prompt?

The command would be chkdsk x: /r where x = the letter of your drive.

You can't just delete it because it is not what it appears to be any more. You might just see one file (or three?) and deleting it is as simple as pressing the Del key, but the file system is uncertain what it really is, and so not allowing the operation to happen.

You can't just delete it because it is not what it appears to be any more. You might just see one file (or three?) and deleting it is as simple as pressing the Del key, but the file system is uncertain what it really is, and so not allowing the operation to happen.
Yes. That's why you need to run chdsk so the the file system can attempt to fix errors with knowing where one file stops and another starts.

Yes. That's why you need to run chdsk so the the file system can attempt to fix errors with knowing where one file stops and another starts.

Right on. After this, I'd also go onto seagate's site and download seatools and test the drive to make sure there are not more serious issues

Back
Top Bottom