Please help with new Antec 550 PS!

s5pitfire

Solid State Member
I am replacing my 300w power supply with my new antec 550, but im a complete noob with doing this stuff.

I have the old 300w out of the computer, with the 550w in and so far i have connected four pin connecters to two DVD drives. The connecters that went into the DVD drives on my OLD power supply had "p4" and "p5" on them, but now the antec's connectors have no markings. Some say "36" or "38" and higher in tiny print.

I connected my main power 24-pin connecter. Now All i need to plug in is the Hard Drive connecter.
There is a cord coming from the PS with about three 4-pin connecters all seperated. Do I just use the connecter out of the three closest to the Power supply?

This seems really simple but I just want to make sure i'm doing this right.
Im thinking a 4-pin is a 4-pin, and it doesnt matter, but I could be wrong.

Edit: I Can supply pics if needed.

The four pin connectors for the cd/dvd drives are all the same, no matter the number, if they fit (face rounded at the up side and square at the bottom). It is one 5 volts+, one 12 volts+ and two negs.
If you're still in doubt, tell us to show you links to pictures.

okay and by 5v+ and 12v+ and 2 negs u mean the connecters with the four black wires, two red and two yellow, right?
What about the Hard drive? It doesnt matter as long as it's that 4-pin we are talking about?

The hard drive connector is the same, all you have to do is put it in carefully, and it should fit, because the hole is in the same shape as the connector.
The only that is different is the floppy drive power connector (it's smaller)...

Back
Top Bottom