Please help with CD burning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsatian

Beta member
I'm only computer literate enough to just get by... so, I have a question: how can I convert MP3 files to files that I can burn to a CD and listen to on my CD player? Is it possible? If so, can anyone suggest s/w that is easy to use?

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much.

Alsatian:confused:

At the risk of giving obvious advice, have you tried just burning a "cd-audio" or "cd-music" blank disk with your burning software? Most burning programs for cd writers automatically change mp3 to wav format if told to burn an audio cd. You must use the proper blank cd media for it to work in other player besides your computer tho. Not a regular
CD-R disc.

Yea, but if you have the latest installment of Windows Media Player, you can just put all of your MP3 files onto a play list and then choose, (i think, file, copy to cd) or something, i know there's a copy playlist to CD option somewhere on there, and it will automatically convert the mp3 to .wav and burn it to the cd. I just forget what option the "Copy to CD" selection is in..

cybrgeek said:
At the risk of giving obvious advice, have you tried just burning a "cd-audio" or "cd-music" blank disk with your burning software? Most burning programs for cd writers automatically change mp3 to wav format if told to burn an audio cd. You must use the proper blank cd media for it to work in other player besides your computer tho. Not a regular
CD-R disc.
I've used plenty of CD-R disks to burn audio cd's to. Not once have i had a problem...:confused:

like said above, Nero, which is a burning program too, will automatically convert the file on burning (no extra time needed for the burning, no extra space needed on the cpu). just drag and drop the files into the nero's playlist and burn it as a Audio CD.
Music Match Juke Box will convert the files from mp3 to wav (almost no time needed for this, it is very quick) if you really want to. just consider that an mp3 is around 4MG per file and a Wav is around 70MG per file.
Cheers m8.

Ya, lots of software will do it for you, I just picked the first one out of google. And you can use ANY CD-R to burn music to for use in a regular cd-player, just as long as the cd is closed.

"just as long as the cd is closed."
I don't think that the stereo mind if the cd is closed or stays open.. maybe it won't read more then one session, but I don't think it has a problem with open cds.....

cybrgeek said:
CD-R disc.

I think what this means is.. to make sure you let Nero Wizard... or Adaptec or what ever proggy you use know it is an Audio CD you wish to create... and not a data CD, and NOT that you should not use CD-R's. Okay you can make mixed media CD's... but this is not for the faint hearted. :D

I use Nero... it is so easy if you use the wizard at start up... and select Audio CD as the type you want to create. You then just treat it like a normal explorer window... drag and drop. I know I make it sound easy, but it really is that easy when you get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom