• Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ej4742

Beta member
I am trying to record vcr tapes from my computer. I can get the video to record, but I can't get the sound to record. If I run the sound through my av receiver I can atleast haer it. I don't know if I need to change the format of my training tapes from .avi to .mpg first or if there is anything else that I should be doing. My vcr just won't get any sound. Please HELP!!!!

I am trying to record vcr tapes from my computer. I can get the video to record, but I can't get the sound to record. If I run the sound through my av receiver I can atleast haer it. I don't know if I need to change the format of my training tapes from .avi to .mpg first or if there is anything else that I should be doing. My vcr just won't get any sound. Please HELP!!!!

You need to connect the line out jack on your sound card to the audio inputs on your VCR. Most likely you'll have to get a stereo to RCA splitter, too.

My camcorder and my vcr both have cables that have the audio and video jacks on the end (not a stereo plug). Will that work?

My camcorder is supposed to plug with that cable or use USB. I haven't tried it yet. Will a USB allow you to "tape" the pc files?

I too have the same problem

I have an asus v9520 video suite graphics/capture card.
I have connected it to my VCR the video plays great but I cannot get any sound.
I have tried various combinations with audio leads.

I don't no what this stereo RCA splitter is, can you explain this please.

regards Jo

If you are taping from the pc to VHS it doesn't matter what video format is on the pc as its outputted from the TV out as raw video data but it may help if you select the correct format (PAL or NTFS). To play the files (on the pc) use something which will scale up (or shrink) the vids to the correct size and format ratio, Zoomplayer (just Google for Zoomplayer) is excellent for this.

As you probably know sound does not go down the TV-out it needs to be connected to you sound card. As said above the line out on the sound card will (probably) be a minijack but will need splitting into 2 seperate channels that your VCR will accept. You may well also need to play with the volume control within windows to get a signal to the correct 'volume' for the VCR to record the sound at the correct level.

A spliter (minijack to whatever) does what it says. A jackplug runs 2 channels (stereo) and needs splitting to single connections that other audio devices (ie a TV, video etc) can use as they don't accept jackplus. Take a look here and you will see what I mean.

http://www.starland.co.uk/pages/kia/a41.htm

The splitters are pretty cheap and I have a nice collection of (for the kids of course) videos taped from DivX's etc without any probs (video tapes are a lot more durable than CDR's DVD's etc).

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom